• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

elizabeth chamberlain 1899

would like to trace elizabeth chamberlain born birmingham. was her father neville chamberlain. thank you les green
  2. L

Reuben James Giles Born 1895 Aston

Hi Can anyone help me wth a problem concerning the above The family has a picture of Reuben James Giles dressed in WW1 Uniform I have searched records and I find that he was born in Aston Jun 1895. His mother may have been Fanny Giles nee Dipple Born 1874 Bromsgrove his father maybe Frederick...
  3. L

Coleshill Terrace Saltley Little Hamlet

Hello again Everyone. I am tracing the birthplace of my Family and believe that I discovered they were at one time living in Coleshill. I found this information in the 1841 census several years ago and it seemed that Coleshill came under Little Hamlet Saltley. I think it comprised just a number...
  4. L

Leslie Joseph Green B1912 Aston, Warwickshire ,England

Hi Everyone. I am trying to find any information on Leslie Joseph Green b1912 - 1913 in Aston,Birmingham. Can anyone assist me? Many thanks Leslie Green
  5. L

Gate Street Saltley

One of my Gt. Aunts lived in Gate Street before getting married and emigrating to Canada. Seem to be having difficulty locating it. Must be somewhere near The Gate pub. Anyone know?? lesg128
  6. L

Francis John Walwyn b1867 aston

Hi Looking for the Walwyn family who lived in Duddeston Mill Road back in the 1800's. Think Francis John died in Cheshire 1926 but unsure. Hope someone can help. Thanks lesg128
  7. L

Greengrocers 85 Grange Road,Yardley.

Hi everyone. I am trying to find information about a shop (maybe greengroceries) on Grange Rd. between 1921 to 1948. I believe it was owned by Alfred Walter. Alfred lived there with my Gt.Aunt Clara Emma Walter (nee Green). Alfred died 1940 but my Gt Aunt survived him until 1948. lesg128
  8. L

Winchester Place

Hi I am looking for place or street in probably Aston area. It existed roundabout the early 1900. Please can anyone help or point me in the right area. Address was 4 Winchester Place. Google maps do not show this place. Thanks lesg128
  9. L

Burt William - DCM

Hi everyone Can someone help with locating details of William Edwin Burt killed in 1918 WW1. His age at time of death is given as 25 which could make his birthdate 1893. His father is also given as William Edwin Burt and his mother Jane Burt. They were living at 8 House Court 8 Woodcock Street...
  10. L

Garrison Street

Hi everyone Can someone help with a thorny problem, relating to house numbering in 1930 for Garrison St Bordesley Green. My parents lived at No.38. But am unable to identify which end of the street this was and which side of the street. Thanks Lesg128
  11. L

Alfred C Walter or Lizzie Walter

Hi I believe that one of my relations had a shop in Redditch. In census 1901 an address is given as 20 Grove Street Redditch. Can someone confirm. They did have a grocers shop in Birmingham in the 1930's. Thanks Lesg128:)
  12. L

Grocery Shop 1925. Walter?

Hi Can anyone help with info on a Alfred Walter who I believe had a Grocery shop in the Kings Heath area. About 1925. I think he might have moved there from Bromsgrove. lesg128 :)
  13. L

Ruby May Randel or Randoll

Hi everyone Can anyone help in finding who the woman is in a marriage certificate I have for the marriage of a Clara Jane Medding and Alfred Walter. The name of one of the witnesses is given as Ruby May Randoll but I think that this may be Randel. The wedding was in 1925. In a photo I have...
  14. L

. Brewery Street

Hi Everyone Hope I am at the right section. Looking for info on Brewery Street , it may have gone. I've been told it was probably around the Heneage St. area. Hope you can help Lesg128
  15. L

Airships over Birmingham ?

Hello everyone. For many years I have had vague recollections of an Airship such as the ill fated (RS 101 ? ) flying over Birmingham in the 1930's. This seems so real I wonder if it was true. As I'm an 'old codger' I would guess it was around 1935-36. At that time I would be living in the...
  16. L

Green Pem Montreal Canada

Hi everyone. Can anyone help me locate any information on a person called Pem (Pemilia) who had an Uncle James (Jim) Green. She emigrated to Montreal Canada, I think it was sometime in the 1920,s. In an undated letter, which I have guestimated as being in the 1940's, she refers to someone called...
Back