• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Greengrocers 85 Grange Road,Yardley.

lesg128

george 1st
Hi everyone.
I am trying to find information about a shop (maybe greengroceries) on Grange Rd. between 1921 to 1948.
I believe it was owned by Alfred Walter. Alfred lived there with my Gt.Aunt Clara Emma Walter (nee Green).
Alfred died 1940 but my Gt Aunt survived him until 1948.
lesg128

Could that be BILTON Grange Road, Yardley, Brum 26? The only other Grange Rd is in Kings Heath? John Crump Parker, Co USA

This may not be the same person but the 1921 Kelly's lists a Alfred Chas Walter as a shopkeeper (not specified) at 85 Grange Road Kings Heath. The 1930 electoral roll also lists Alfred Charles with Clara Jane at 85 Grange Road Kings Heath.
Alfred Charles is still listed at that address in the 1940 Kelly's and I can't find a Grange Road Yardley.

Janice

Thanks pjmburns
You are right it should be Kings heath.
Those are the people Alfred died 1940 but had no idea whether Clara continued with the shop.

oldbrit
Thanks for your input. Your interest much appreciated.
lesg128

Back