• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reuben James Giles Born 1895 Aston

lesg128

george 1st
Hi
Can anyone help me wth a problem concerning the above
The family has a picture of Reuben James Giles dressed in WW1 Uniform
I have searched records and I find that he was born in Aston Jun 1895.
His mother may have been Fanny Giles nee Dipple Born 1874 Bromsgrove his father maybe Frederick Giles B1878
they wed 1902 Bromsgrove . Have I got the wrong mother.
I would appreciate your help
Regards Leslie Green

Father was James Giles, mother Clara Wilkshire/Wiltshire.

They married 15 Mar 1891 Worcester.

Living in Erdington 1901 & 1911.

There is also a Reuben James Giles registered 1895 in Westbury-on-Severn, son of James Giles & Alice Kibble.

A Rueben James Giles born in Erdington was killed in action in France and Flanders at the age of 23 on 1st September 1918. He was a private in Prince Albert's Regiment (Somerset Light Infantry) 1st Battalion. His regimental number was 37930. He enlisted at Worcester and was formerly in the Army Veterinary Corps. He is buried at Abbevile Communal Cemetery Extension in France. He was the son of James and Clara Giles of 41 Southfield St. Worcester.

To MWS and Brasscaster
Many many thanks for the information you have supplied me with about Reuben James Giles.
It all fits together with Family information and a photograh of Reuben as a soldier where he obviously has spurs and a riding stick. The rest all fits together.

Thank you once again I am amazed at how quickly you were able to assist me with so much information

Regards Lesg 128

could we just remind members that we do have a surname interest section on the forum which is a more appropriate section for this sort of enquiry...moved thread to surname interests

the team

Back