• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. smtr

Fleet Street

Hi My Gt Grandmother gave 3 Fleet Street as her address when she married. Is it possible that someone has a street map showing the houses please ? Apologies if there is already a thread for Fleet Street but I searched and couldn't find one. Forgot to say - it was 1891 when she married. Many...
  2. smtr

Deciphering a Name please

Hello Would anyone be able to decipher this name that is on a marriage certificate please. He is one of the witnesses. I know his first name is Joseph but his surname has got me confused:) Thanks Suzanne
  3. smtr

Christening at St. Martin's

Hello Would someone kindly look up any further details please for the following christening at St, Martin's ? Thomas Egginton christened 28 Feb 1797 Parents: James Egginton and Sarah Many thanks Suzanne
  4. smtr

Marriage at St. Martin's for Catherine Terry & Cornelius Hollis

Hi EDIT: Should be Cornelius HOLLINS I wonder if someone with access to St. Martin's records would kindly look up the above marriage between Catherine Terry and Cornelius Hollis please. It supposedly took place on 29 Dec 1842. Catherine's father was William Terry. Many thanks Suzanne
  5. smtr

Thomas Field

Hello Will someone be able to look at St Martin's please for the christening of: Thomas Field 27 Jan 1791 Father: Samuel Field Mother: Hannah and tell me more information, if any, that is available? Many thanks Suzanne
  6. smtr

100 Faces of WW1 tribute go online

Hi The following is a link to the above made available by the Imperial War Museum. They will be releasing more between now and August 2014 the 100th Anniversary. The collection of photographs named ‘Faces of the First World War’ shows fallen servicemen and has been released online as a...
  7. smtr

Is Mary Ann Rogers Mary Ann Stead ?

Hi John, Caroline and Mary Ann Rogers were siblings. I have the details of Caroline Rogers to Joseph Downing in 1845 at St. Martins and one of the witnesses is Mary Ann ROGERS, Caroline's sister and Mary Ann signed her name. I have the marriage certificate for John Rogers to Martha...
  8. smtr

Helo Deciphering please

Hi I wonder if anyone can help deciphering a word on the attached army records please? It's the word alongside the brothers names. Thanks for any suggestions:) Suzanne
  9. smtr

Marriage Witnesses - St Martins

Hi Shera kindly supplied me with the details of a marriage at St Martins for Henry Rogers & Catherine Edwards 25 Nov 1838. I have all the details, fathers, addresses, occupations but I was wondering if there was any mention of the witnesses to the marriage please? thank you Suzanne
  10. smtr

Chris Upton's Magical Literary Bus !

Hi all My daughter has asked me to post the following. "Tickets are now on sale for Chris Upton's Magical Literary Bus on Saturday 23rd July! Travel around Birmingham and discover the city's amazing literary links with a live commentary from local historian, Dr Chris Upton...there might even...
  11. smtr

Christening Look up Please

Hello Would someone be able to look at the following record for me and give any extra details please? Thomas Field Born 24 Jun 1825 Christened 14 Oct 1845 at Saint Martins Father: Thomas Field Mother: Martha I have been trying to trace Thomas Field's (B1825) marriage for a long time. All...
  12. smtr

6 Robert Road, Aston, St Andrew's parish - 1901

Hello I wounder if anyone has any pictures of Robert Road, Aston and/or a map pinpointing the road? I have family who lived there in 1901 and would just like to get a 'fix' on it please. Many thanks Suzanne
  13. smtr

Place of Residence at time of Marriage?

Hello Can anyone please decipher place of residence for groom and bride on this certificate please? Thanks Suzanne
  14. smtr

Help Please - RunDll Error

Hi Experts:) For the last week or so, on startup, I have been getting the following error message:- Error Loading C:\users\name of file\AppData\Local\iruvaqegayux.dll The specified module could not be found. I ran a virus check and Mcafee found 2 trojans and quaranteed them. Has part of...
  15. smtr

Henry Rogers c1813 Kidderminster

Hi This is a complete stab in the dark:) The above Henry's parents and siblings moved to Bham c1830's. Henry the father had a 2nd marriage at St Martins and 2 of his daughters also married there.(Thanks to Shera finding them:)) I was wondering if someone would kindly look to see if Henry...
  16. smtr

St Martin's look up Please

Hi again Any chance the christening of Catharine Edwards B30.6.1800 and christened 13 Apr 1801 shows the father's occupation and address please? Many Thanks Suzanne
  17. smtr

St Martin's Look up Please

Hi Would someone kindly look up the baptism/christening of an Ann Stannard B18.12.1815 and christened 7 Jun 1816 - parents Peter Stannard and Catherine. Occupation and address would be great please. Thanks Suzanne
  18. smtr

Samuel Rogers B1887 Bham

Hi I have found my Gt Uncle Samuel Rogers on the 1918 absent voter's list and also his medal card. The list says reg No. 4042 although medal card says 40429. On the list it says Spr, 2/64 Fld Co., RE I cannot find any mention of 2/64 when searching the net. His medal card says Theatre of...
  19. smtr

Baptism Look ups please - St Martin's

Hello Would someone kindly look up the following baptisms I have found on IGI please. Particularly want to double check addresses/occupations for father from census details. Parents are John Froggatt and Sarah William Froggatt B5.6.1834 C25.6.1834 Edward Froggatt B29.12.1837 C22.1.1838...
  20. smtr

Baptism Look up please - St Martin's

Hello would someone kindly lookup the baptism/christening of Clara Ann Appleby at St Martin's 29 Dec 1829 to see if there is any more info other than father, Aaron and mother Clara. Perhaps an address and/or occupation please. Many thanks Suzanne
Back