• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Baptism Look ups please - St Martin's

smtr

master brummie
Hello

Would someone kindly look up the following baptisms I have found on IGI please. Particularly want to double check addresses/occupations for father from census details.

Parents are John Froggatt and Sarah

William Froggatt B5.6.1834 C25.6.1834
Edward Froggatt B29.12.1837 C22.1.1838
Catherine Froggatt B12.4.1831 C2.5.1831
Ann Froggatt B15.1.1829 C2.2.1829
Elizabeth Froggatt B12.4.1833 C6.5.1833

There is another child on the 1841 census who I believe is theirs also, Zachariah Froggatt B1840 but cannot find anything for him.

I know there's quite a few to look for so would be very grateful:)

Thanks
Suzanne

williams details all correct. engine st. cordwainer
edwards details correct. engine st. cordwainer
catherines details correct. engine st. cordwainer
anns details correct. engine st. cordwainer (very next baptism was thomas son of elias and charlotte froggatt of canal st. i think they had a few baptisms at st. martins)
elizabeths details correct. engine st. cordwainer

very consistant!

Shera

Thanks very much. I was hoping you would confirm Engine Street as I have him and his wife there 1841 - 1871.

Elias is John Froggatts brother and I can only find him in 1841 in Canal Street. Anything you could tell me about his children would be great. Don't suppose Elias married Charlotte at St Martin's did he? :)

Many, many thanks again.

Suzanne

cant see a marriage for elias but there are some christenings

on 27th dec 1821 they had 3 children christened
charlotte born 1st may 1812
henry born 24th aug 1816
elias born 16th mar 1819

abode was - mount joy, and occ. jobbing smith

on 2nd feb 1829 thomas son of elias and charlotte froggatt born 9th nov 1822 canal st. hand cuff maker

thats all i can see for this couple

Thanks Shera

Good of you to take a look.

His occupation was a locksmith so that ties in:)

Many thanks
Suzanne

Back