• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Mothers Maiden Sunrame On Birth Certificate

Hi Shortie, I streamlined how I arrived at Kate Parkes birth certificate. There's not that many Catherine or Katherine Sheridan's so I searched for Catherine or Katherine Parkes and managed to find Kate Parkes. The age matches and her mother Mary Brannon matches the mother of Mary Sheridan 1895...
  2. S

Hi Jim, I've not come across a Brian Wiggett yet but G Granny Wiggett was one of 13 so he could be related to her. Mike, at the time of the 1911 census they had 3 children and are living atat 5 Ct House Essex Street Birmingham They are listed as James and Katherine Weston, Lizzie, Katherine...
  3. S

Hello, I have a situation regarding the children of my G Grandparents. From what I've learned, in total they had 14 children, with children 1, 7, 8 and 9 having a differnt Mothers maiden surname to the the other 9 children. Child 3 was born in 1909 so I'm not sure of his Mothers maiden name...
  4. S

General Dealer (Rag & Bone)

Hi Maggie, Thanks for the help. I had a look on mapseeker and Gooch and Kent st. intersect so I'm a lot clearer about things. Now if only I had a time machine!! Steve
  5. S

General Dealer (Rag & Bone)

Hi, My G Grandfather James Weston was a General Dealer in Essex Street on the 1911 census.. He lived in Gooch Street from 1920 to 1939 (Except 1935) listed at #36 on the Electoral roll. The childrens birth certificates born between 1917 and 1928 state they were born at 72 Kent Street. Does...
  6. S

Weston name look ups

Hi, I have some Weston relations who I think they may be in Lodge Hill cemetary. Catherine Weston who died November 11th 1951 James Weston died in 1970 James's family were from the Deritend area - Moseley Street, Gooch Street and Severn Street so I should think his family are in a near to...
  7. S

Thomas Sheridan Clothes Dealer

Hi Mike, Thanks! That's some more questions answered. I know Thomas died in 1904 so he may have gave up the business if he were ill. Steve
  8. S

Thomas Sheridan Clothes Dealer

Hi, I have found Thomas Sheridan in Kellys for 1897. He was listed as a Clothes Dealer (Secondhand) at 28 Moseley Street. I was wondering if he was listed in 1892. Thanks Steve
  9. S

Inge street 1861

When my G-Grandfather married in 1907 he gave his address as 39 Inge Street.
  10. S

Marriage Record For Aston

Thank you Ray, I'll have a look at this site Sheriff
  11. S

Catholic Marriages

I am trying to unravel the mystery of my G-Grand Parents life in the 1890's and 1900's. I have their marriage certificate for 1907 at St. Catherines. I hoping someone can tell me the regulations for getting married at a Catholic Church at that time. They state they are over 21 and bachelor and...
  12. S

I think I will send for the marriage certificate one day.
  13. S

The marriage was in the 3rd quarter of 1899 Sheridan Thomas Aston 6d743 Thomas occupation would probably be a porter, age about 37-38 birthplace Coventry. Father's name John Mother Bridget. The bride would be Mary Brannon age 39 - 40 an Hawker. Thanks Steve
  14. S

Kate Parkes Birth Look Up

That's Kate on the 1891 census and as Kate Sheridan on the 1901 census. I found a James Parkes on the 1901 census registered as a widower. Thomas Sheridan married Mary Brannon in 1899 at Aston juxta. I can find no record of a Mary brannon marrying a James Parkes.
  15. S

Hi Bo, I don't have a marriage certificate but know that she married James Weston in the last quarter of 1907. WESTON James Birmingham 6d359 Marriages Dec 1907 (>99%)SHERIDAN Catherine Birmingham 6d359 Thanks Steve
  16. S

My G-GrandMother who became Kate Weston when she married my G-GrandFather gave her maiden name as Parkes for 8 of her children born after 1911. I am able to find 1 Kate Parkes born in Birmingham in the right time frame. I did not find a Catherine Parkes. Births Sep 1887 (>99%)PARKES Kate...
  17. S

Catherine Sheridan And James Weston

Catherine Sheridan married James Weston in the 4 quarter of 1907 SHERIDAN Catherine Birmingham 6d359 I have been told Catherine named Thomas Sheridan as her Father, although he probably was not her Father. I am wondering if there is any mention of witnesses. At the time of their marriage...
  18. S

Thomas Sheridan Marriage 1899

Thanks :) Yep that's him Bren. Kate Sheridan is my G-GrandMother. I found Thomas in 1871 Name Age John Sheridan 35 Bridget Sheridan 35 Michael Sheridan 11 Thomas Sheridan 10...
  19. S

Thomas Sheridan Marriage 1899

Hello again, I am trying to figure if this is the Thomas Sheridan that married my G-GrandMothers Mother. The marriage was in the 3rd quarter of 1899 Sheridan Thomas Aston 6d743 Thomas occupation would probably be a light porter, age about 37-38 birthplace Coventry. Father's name John Mother...
  20. S

Weston Family Look Up

Thank you Shera and Bren :) Thomas born 1847 shares his BIrthday with my Sister. Steve
Back