• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Weston name look ups

W

Wendy

I have been sent a message by Loise for look ups for the name Weston. I could not reply as it wouldn't allow me so I have to post the reply here.
I will need more specific information as there are 65 Weston's in Key Hill cemetery and 37 Weston's in Warstone Lane cemetery.

I have been sent a message by Loise for look ups for the name Weston. I could not reply as it wouldn't allow me so I have to post the reply here.
I will need more specific information as there are 65 Weston's in Key Hill cemetery and 37 Weston's in Warstone Lane cemetery.
Hi Wendy
Saw your quote about Westons in cemeteries. Do you have lists of names of occupants in any other cemeteries. I was a Weston and all my grandfather's rels are in there somewhere. He was one of 15 and they all lived and died in the Dudley Road area around the hospital and St Patrick's! Catholics of course!!
Many thanks
Jill Allman

Sorry Jill I only have Warstone Lane and Key Hill Cemeteries and these are not complete I am afraid. The name indexes for other cemeteries are held at Central Library on microfiche but some are difficult to read.

I think the information on Catholics is at St Chads. I am sure someone who knows more will advise you on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Jill I only have Warstone Lane and Key Hill Cemeteries and these are not complete I am afraid. The name indexes for other cemeteries are held at Central Library on microfiche but some are difficult to read.

I think the information on Catholics is at St Chads. I am sure someone who knows more will advise you on this.
Wendy, Many thanks for info. What info do you need for Warstone Lane Cemetery, to see if any of the Westons in there might be one of mine? My problem is that most of these missing Westons were babies or youngsters and probably ended up in someone else's coffin! Saved the expense of getting their own! My Great grandfather did make it to 1920, so he may be there. Will be coming down to Brum in the Spring and will try the Library.

A good start is the name and year of death. This does not always confirm the right person though especially with a common name.

I don't think they would be in either Warstone Lane or Key Hill if they are a catholic family though.

Hi,

I have some Weston relations who I think they may be in Lodge Hill cemetary.
Catherine Weston who died November 11th 1951
James Weston died in 1970

James's family were from the Deritend area - Moseley Street, Gooch Street and Severn Street so I should think his family are in a near to there cemetary.

Thanks

Steve

I used to work for a Chrismas Eric Weston in the late 70's. He used to treat the people at the 3 branches of his company to Chistmas dinner at what was then La Reserve in Sutton Park. I dont think he and his wife Amy had any children and so he liked to do this sort of thing. Sorry not really any help re th original query but it bought back memories again which is what happens all the time on our wonderful site.

Back