• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Weston Family Look Up

Sheriff

proper brummie kid
Hello,

I am tracing my family and have discovered that several were christened at St. Martin's.

These are the children of William Weston born 1821 in Staffordshire, maybe Bilston and Sarah who may have been Sarah Tabbutt. I think they were married in 1846/7 in Staffordshire but then moved to Birmingham.

Thomas - Christening: 1 Nov 1847 Saint Martin, Birmingham

Walter - Christening: 7 May 1849 Saint Martin, Birmingham (My G-G Grandfather)

Alice Amelia WESTON - Christening: 6 Dec 1852 Saint Martin, Birmingham

Two other children were Christened in Bordesley

Matilda - Christening: 3 Feb 1851 Bordesley,

Bertha Eliza - Christening: 24 Jul 1859 Bordesley,

I am wondering if there are any records concerning Walter who married Ellen Quinn between 1861 and 1871.

They had 10 children in total. Mary Ann been born first in December 1872. James my G-Grandfather was born circa September 1887 and married Catherine Sheridan in Dec 1907 although that may not have been at St. Martins. They did have another Son James who lived from 1875 to 1886.

Any help is gratefully appreciated. I've just started researching and have the bug!

Thank you

Steve

here are the records at st. martins

1.11.1847 thomas s/o william and sarah weston b. 26 apr 1847 (sorry cant read the street and occ. on this one)

7.5.1849 walter s/o william and sarah weston. moseley st. brewer

6.12.1852 alice amelia d/o william and sarah weston. br?? could be branston st. or bromsgrove st. brewer

cant find anything for walter and ellen

hope this is some help anyway :):)

Here's the marriage -

Walter Weston/Ellen Quin 4th qtr 1871 Birmingham 6d 114

bren

Back