• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have a pink hydrangea and a blue one but for the ast couple of years both have been blue. o_O However, plants which like acid soil, azaelea etc don't do any good.
You will find the soil is getting more acidic as it is the soil with Hydrangea that determines the colour.
As for Azaelea we have two in the rear garden, one thrives the other one looks like its one day from deaths door.

I love hydrangeas and have quite a few, I take cuttings every year which are very successful, too successful, I have to give them away.They must be one of the easiest shrubs to propogate.
I have a White Annabelle as in post 622 but as yet have not been successful with cuttings,

I love hydrangeas and have quite a few, I take cuttings every year which are very successful, too successful, I have to give them away.They must be one of the easiest shrubs to propogate.
I have a White Annabelle as in post 622 but as yet have not been successful with cuttings,
Alberta, we have found that they need a lot of what I call long sun. Afternoon and into the summer evening. Those in 622 did not start to see that until about three weeks ago when the started to bloom!

Another 1.5" of growth on the Phormium flower spike! It is now 64". Maybe that will be it, because the flowers are starting to open.

That said, the top is still closed.

I was dead heading this morning, when some tourists walked past, and commented that the garden looked "lovely".

I must say, it is nice to know that other folk do appreciate, and get some pleasure from it.

Steve.

Any Brummies in Scotland.

According to the BBC Wildlife Magazine for July a survey of Dragonflies in Britain and Ireland (2021), the emperor dragonfly has expanded its range the most, pushing into much of Scotland where it was not found before 2003.... June and July is the
peak season

Steve, Do you know if that's the one they are taking to Weston Super Mare to become a 'Star attraction' on the Beach?

Steve, Do you know if that's the one they are taking to Weston Super Mare to become a 'Star attraction' on the Beach?

I do not know where it is heading, I'm afraid. I see quite a few heading out of the Firth, on their way to being scrapped. I did see an oil rig, a couple of weeks ago, heading to Turkey, for scrap, of all places.

Steve.

I have an the Ship Finder App, so if it was this morning maybe we could see it. Whereabouts is it situated ?

It was in the Moray Firth, heading East, opposite Macduff, at 07.15 hrs., so will not have travelled far at towing speed.

Steve.

I do not know where it is heading, I'm afraid. I see quite a few heading out of the Firth, on their way to being scrapped. I did see an oil rig, a couple of weeks ago, heading to Turkey, for scrap, of all places.

Steve.
A lot of rigs end up in Seaton ( Hartlepool ) to be scrapped. I see them every time i go to the beach.

Nothing seen in Moray Firth at 1050. Quite a few fishing boats in harbour at Fraserburg and one Danish tug heading North to Foinaven Field.

1F4E866B-8507-487D-8FF5-62F0F2736E78.jpg

This one may have been something to do with the off-shore wind farm, West of here. It's not an oil rig.

Steve.

Just spotted this hiding under a leaf. New this year - bought because I thought my purple passion flower had died but that has shoots now as well. More buds on this white one - I am convinced I could see it growing earlier in the year as it climbed the trellis.

Attachments

• 20220716_125237.jpg
    20220716_125237.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back