• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

I think the aberttoir was in Bradford Street Brumgum I remember cattle being driven past my nans house in Milk Street . Don't know if they came from Montague Street or Lower Trinity Street late 50s

Hi I'm searching for any photographs that show Fawcett's ironmongers which used to be at 10 High Street Aston before most of the High Street was demolished. Can anyone help? Richard

Hi berniew #2539

What a great photo, thanks for posting, I went under that bridge a few times. Brings back
Memories for me. Thanks for all your posting, I as many others appreciate it.

Regards stars

Thanks Berniew Plenty of pics but unfortunately I need to get back nearer to 6 ways- but not actually 6 ways itself. Fawcetts is mentioned in the text of reminisces

I wonder if the farm on post #2571 is the one on the included map portion 1890. Called Mill Farm on the map but the scene seems to tie in with the buildings and trees and river Tame. The photo looking down from the top and the bank with the fences on top diverting the river down past the old mill building...must have had openings to let the river through though. So the mill leat would run to the left past the buildings where there would maybe have been a weir which I think the derelict remains can still be seen. Beyond the bank in the distance would be the railway with the river running along side. Latterly the river in total would be diverted down along the mill leat and race and I think a shopping mall would be built there where the river had been.
The designation says Home Farm and Perry Hill so maybe the name changed.

https://www.british-history.ac.uk/m...d=10082&ox=325&oy=2418&zm=1&czm=1&x=272&y=419

I have been trying to place the church ever since it appeared on the Broad Street Pictures thread. I remembered it but could not remember exactly where it was. Now I can place it.
There's a couple of pictures and one is an aerial shot of that location at the bottom of this page..
https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/groups/birmingham

o
n second thoughts that's a different location, but there's some good stuff on here non the less:loyal:

Back