• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

What a nice clean picture. I suspect there was a lot of dodging and burning (now made obsolete by digital editing) during the processing to produce that print... :encouragement: Oh, and I never knew that had been a Dunlop property on the left! :cower:

Station Street looking towards the Market Hall
The photo is prior to 1934 as the trans were removed from Satation Street that year. Not clear from the photo but there is a stretch of double track where the tram is standing otherwise the tram would have a problem!

Bordesley Cattle Dock showing old cattle vans open and would have strawor feed for the cattle.jpgAnother from Warwickshire Railways Bordesley Cattle Dock I think the entrance was in Lower Trinity Street with opn sided coaches and straw on the floor for cattle food . The cattle were driven from here to the abertoirs by the Bull Ring

Back