• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

old evening mail pics.....

thanks both...as long as you want them i shall put more on over the weekend...

lyn:)

hi bazaston...thank you so much for filling us in with those details....

astoness:):):)

Lyn the pictures are lovely. I think you are bringing a lot of joy to people with your pictures!:)

morning wendy...i realy get so much pleasure out of posting them and hoping that they will mean something to one or two members as has been the case....i still have not come accross a couple i am searching for but i live in hope..

have a good day all...more will go on later....

Lyn you have certainly helped me and others with family connected pictures. Keep up the excellent work we do appreciate it.:):)

thanks wendy..i am going down moms in a while to take her groceries and will be back on the trail later on...

this first one is of our own carl chinns grandfather outside The Gate Studley St :)

Attachments

• img114_renamed_7526~0[1].jpg
    img114_renamed_7526~0[1].jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
Astoness,Lovely Pictures of the snooker Hall in Witton Road. been in there a few Times,lots of the old Villa Players went in there,Also the Birchfields Cinema that brought back lots of memories to me keep them coming ,Bobby B

There were a couple from Yardley Wood and 1 from Hay Mills that I could place. Fascinating, thanks again :)

hi....glad you are enjoying them folks...thats what its all about....bringing back the memories...will post more tomorrow.....

Can't wait Lyn :) You are so kind in posting as you do.

Are these newspapers you have? Is there room for you?;)

rowan...they are my brothers collection...which he very kindly loaned me...so at least when i am done he can have them back and i can have my living room back....lol

lyn

Picture 5 , Astoness, so reminds me of my Grandather and -Mother's living room in Saltley-Ralph Road in the early 1950's! Many thanks.

lol jean...no for once in his life he actually bought all the mails and kept them...everyone seems to be enjoying looking at them so i will get some more on later today....

lyn:):)

thank you david...you are so considerate but dont worry i know my limitations...(well sometimes) lol lol

ps on the way to the hosp to see dad i want to try and get a shot of the bull pub thats opposite the fire station in town... been meaning to do that for months now..:):):)

pict 2..this is the biggest bonfire i have ever seen...could someone kindly get rid of the letters for me....

cheers

Attachments

• img126small_28129~0[1].jpg
    img126small_28129~0[1].jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 27
pict 3...a very congested jamacia row....

Attachments

• Jamacia_Row~0[1].jpg
    Jamacia_Row~0[1].jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 21
ive also got this one of angelina st...i wonder if someone could confirm if this was in birmingham please...

Attachments

• Highgate Angelina Street 2.jpg
    Highgate Angelina Street 2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 23
thank you frothy and thank you baron..thats much nicer....frothy i know you gave me instructions on how to do this but i think you must know that there was not much chance of me following them...lol...i will have a practice one day.....

No FROTHY, I just took to long to get my head round this new softwear I have.
I think we all do a good job on this site when it comes to this sort if thing.

Back