• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

old evening mail pics.....

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
as promised this is the first batch of pics ive sorted from old evening mails dates from 1997 to 2000... didnt quite know where to place them but decided here as in their own way they are inspirational...apologies if they have been posted before...hope you enjoy them.

lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful pictures Lyn - I am enjoying looking at them so much. I particularly like the one of Crooked Lane, I have never seen that before.
Judy

Thank you Lyn for your time and effort, they are super pictures please keep them coming..........when you've rested of course ;)

Well done.

:grouphugg04: :0431:

pic three..gipsys tent..bordesley green.

Attachments

• img048_renamed_20507~0[1].jpg
    img048_renamed_20507~0[1].jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 51
farm in sparkhill.

Attachments

• Sparkhill Grove Farm.jpg
    Sparkhill Grove Farm.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 34
fascinating, thankyou:)

I'm hoping to see something I recognise, but am enjoying looking at the others too

Really good photos lyn, especially when you consider they've been taken from old newspapers.
Thank you
Mike

pict 7

birchfield road..perry barr

Attachments

• Perry Barr Birchfield Rd.jpg
    Perry Barr Birchfield Rd.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 42
pict. 10

i love this one too..queens coronation celebrations...o dear ive forgot where..will go back and check then edit...unless of course i throw it open for you all to have a guess...any ideas.????

Attachments

• Corornation_outing_upper_thomas_st__1[1].jpg
    Corornation_outing_upper_thomas_st__1[1].jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 41
Thomas street at the junction with Park Lane the lady in the middle of the picture with glasses is my mates Nan out of Park Lane also in the photograph is Aunt Uncle and nephew

john.. thank goodness for that..you cant beleive the papers ive got scattered around..it would take me ages to find that copy..you are of course right..thomas st it is...

thanks..

lyn:)

last four for today folks...will try and sort some more out tomorrow..

cotterills lane close to the junction of alum rock road...

Attachments

• Alum Rock Alum Rock Rd - Cotterills Lane.JPG
    Alum Rock Alum Rock Rd - Cotterills Lane.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 40
pict 2

the bull ring.

Attachments

• City Bull Ring 1937.jpg
    City Bull Ring 1937.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 43
my pleasure terry...as long as folk dont get to bored i will sort a few more out tomorrow....

Thankyou Astoness for these fantastic photo's especially the one of Stoke st [my Nans house] which we visited everyday and most nights with Mom,lovely memories.Mary

thats made my day then...finding your nans house....how wonderful...:):)

ive still got a shed load to go through so who knows what will turn up...

lyn

Lyn the pictures are wonderful you have worked hard and we are greatful. I bet your hands are black.:rolleyes:

How's your Dad?

Astoness, thank you for taking the time to put on the 'photos. I particularly liked the one of the farm in Sparkbrook and the back-to-back houses. Anthea:)

They are good old photo's Lyn. No 7 I recognise in one of the where is this quizes but guess what I've forgot where it was. Jean.

wendy...its no good for the hands thats for sure..i keep having to wash them and put cream on....lol..

went to see dad yesterday and thank you he is doing good...moms having a wheelchair delivered tomorrow but weve no idea yet when he will be home and to what degree he will have use of the left side...but progress is being made....:)

lyn

Thanks for the posts lyn, taken after I left Birmingham, Its just very nice to see how it changed as I only had a picture in my mind of how it used to be.

Lyn. Once again, MANY,MANY THANKS for taking the time and trouble to put all those fabulous pictures up. Some of those are brilliant. I dont know how you find the time, or the energy, but please keep them coming. Thanks again, Barry.

Back