• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moseley school of art

Another photo of some of the staff & pupils of the school in 1962 at least that's the date given with the photo. A couple of things that I note from the photo are the ratio of of boys to girls is about 2-1, are boys more artistic than girls? Mind you it might not be the full photo. The other thing is I wonder what caught the eyes of the group of lads on the right? Any of our posters pupils there in 1962?

View attachment 134475

Although I did not attend Moseley School of Art; my "uncle" Ernie Price taught there. He is centre front row in this picture (interestingly I think the teacher 5th from the right is Mr Shepherd who taught me English at Moseley Grammar School). I attach the letter I sent out trying to find people who knew him before his funeral. Not my real uncle; he was always Uncle Ernie being born next door to my father in Fir Avenue Balsall Heath and they remained firm friends throughout their lives.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 18
Although I did not attend Moseley School of Art; my "uncle" Ernie Price taught there. He is centre front row in this picture (interestingly I think the teacher 5th from the right is Mr Shepherd who taught me English at Moseley Grammar School). I attach the letter I sent out trying to find people who knew him before his funeral. Not my real uncle; he was always Uncle Ernie being born next door to my father in Fir Avenue Balsall Heath and they remained firm friends throughout their lives.
Taught me judo and maths .... x

Here is a not so great photo of our 50th reunion of the MSA class 1953-56. Butch Taylor and Moggy Mason were there, not sure if they are in the picture here...
Dave AP9260134.JPG

My grandfather William Arthur Dyer went there in the 1920s. I have this photo of him and it looks like it's a school uniform he's wearing. I wonder if it is the Moseley school of art uniform?

1.JPG

I just got a call from a fellow ex student at MSA , that is trying to arrange a 70th reunion at The Bull on Sept 30. He is not on line, so difficult to communicate with in terms of organizational value. I have offered to post it here and FB, as well as the MSA web site.
Dave A

Back