• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

In The Kitchen Today

Bernard have no answer for that but I guess you could well be called one. Miriam anytime but Pete cooks the meat.. Jean.

Helo Dave M. Thanks Dave. Friend is delighted to receive photos and sends her thanks. It was a pleasure to meet you, I now know to whom I write. Miriam.

One of our twins has just returned from Menorca and brought me this back for helping out with Alex. He has also brought something for the garden which I will post shortly. Any advice on cooking this please?. Jean.

Has anyone a favourite way of cooking kayle other than blanching it. Someone suggested using smoked bacon but would like your idea's please. I have grown a lot and would not want to waste it. The family have had quite a bit and the tortoises too. Jean.

We have just dined on Ox-Tail cooked the carribean way, delicious.

Did you cook it Trevor. Next time you do a roast I will post me cauli to you and a couple of carrots. Sounds delicious. Jean.

Jean, carribean curry powder is more a taste than a hot powder, it is used for the flavour and they get the heat from hot chilli sauce and the like. I cut of what fat I can from the meat, finely chop a large onion add the powder and the juice of a lime. Roll the pieces of meat in the onion and fry them in a small amount of olive oil till brown all over then put it all into a pre-heated slow cook pot. Leave it on for 4-5 hours on high and after about five hours check it. If it almost done, turn it down to one until meal time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today we got liver and two packets of sticky plum and ginger stir fry sauce. I steamed some carrots cut into strips, a few florets of cauliflower, a few florets of calabrese and a few mange tout peas. While these were steaming on a low heat I chopped two red onions and started to fry them in a tiny amount of olive oil. While they were cooking I sliced the liver into finger size slices and put them in with the onions. I added a half cup of boiling water and kept moving it all around. after a few minutes it was almost cooked and the water had almost gone so I added the sauce and got it all bubbling again then added the vegetables, by now the wife had cooked fresh noodles in the M.wave then we really enjoyed our meal.

Trevor I think I can arrange a husband swap. That sounds delicious. Pete will do anything around the house but not cook. Never mind. Jean.

Stitch Joking aside that sounds lovely ..think i will try that but not with noodles ,,(Tom don't eat them)will do spuds instead..

You can do the same meal with a variety of different sauces, you can also vary the veggies and meat to those of your own choice.

oH. sTITCHER - YOUR LIVER LIVER MEAL SOUNDS DELICIOUS. DOES "THE WIFE" ALLOW YOU OUT ON HIRE????????? MIRIAM.

Change of plan Mossy going in the morning so it is a ring of Cumberland sausage two eggs chips and beans or peas. Not for me though. Jean.

Hello Miriam, the wife said she is very sorry but there is no chance of you hiring or renting me. She is prepared to let me go for good but there will be no going back.
Believe me Miriam, if I went she would soon change her mind about that.

Hello Stitcher. I am sorry, but I don't want you for good - I really want you to cook for me!!!!!!! Miriam.

I think we have frightened him off Miriam but he knows we are only kidding but he does cook some lovely food. Even does funny food. We know what we are on about don't we?. Jean.

Have sorted the food to take for the in the kitchen thread tomorrow and it is for a BBQ no matter what the weather. Jean.

Back