• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've been doing, perhaps that should be not doing "no mow May". This pretty weed has appeared among the buttercups and daisies. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3591 (2).JPG
    IMG_3591 (2).JPG
    78 KB · Views: 13
Yesterday I bought some plants - I thought I had some salvias but on planting them today I discovered they were Dahlias. :D
In fairness when I compared the leaves they do look similar to the uninitiated.
I also planted some others which looked pretty but have no idea what they are.

Attachments

• Plants 2.jpg
    Plants 2.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 14
Yesterday I bought some plants - I thought I had some salvias but on planting them today I discovered they were Dahlias. :D
In fairness when I compared the leaves they do look similar to the uninitiated.
I also planted some others which looked pretty but have no idea what they are.
Verbena

We are excited to have a pair of robins nesting in a "hole in the wall" I know that Robins will nest in the most unusual places but we are currently excited to have a grandstand view from our dining room of a nest tucked into a hole in the corner of a wall. Watch how one Robin comes back to feed the chicks, realises that the other parent is still in the nest so makes a noise to announce his/her arrival. Then the other bird emerges, two sat on the branches for a moment, then they swap places. After a few moments the Robin reappears before flying off for more food.

We are excited to have a pair of robins nesting in a "hole in the wall" I know that Robins will nest in the most unusual places but we are currently excited to have a grandstand view from our dining room of a nest tucked into a hole in the corner of a wall. Watch how one Robin comes back to feed the chicks, realises that the other parent is still in the nest so makes a noise to announce his/her arrival. Then the other bird emerges, two sat on the branches for a moment, then they swap places. After a few moments the Robin reappears before flying off for more food.

Great photo, I have a video that would not attach to the Forum. Did you do anything special to transfer?

Tinpot and Dave M, I have both of those clematis, very nice large flowers. I wonder what the clematis with the largest and smallest flower's are called? I'll have to look it up. I'm going for a shower. You never know, the forum may have furnished me with a answer by the time I get back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back