• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Geach Street

old bham

dont worry topsy....geach st is next on my list of reposts so hope to get a few on for you asap
lyn

coronation day celebrations...

this is a really great one and im hoping that one day a few in the pic maybe recognised....

geachstcoronationcels.jpg

Lovely Pictures Lyn so clear!! Two sisters i know on The Coronation photo( Linda and Christine Hughes).They both went to Lozell,s School also.

must say topsy i do like the way they are turning out.....the names or name christine and linda hughes rings bells with me...what years would they have been at our old school...

just a bit before me then topsy although chris and i may have been at lozells at the same time..i would have been in year one and she in maybe year 4...did they live in the maisonettes in the vale then...

ahh im with you now topsy...houses no longer there then...the queens is though and doing ok i think..that used to be our dads nans alice.s favourite pub...usd to have here own stool and no one dare touch it..lol..she lived in villa st opposite farm st st school..

Funny how the Old timers liked their own seat... I vaguely remember a lady in the White House having a plaque put up where she used to sit for her couple of barley wines every night.

it is funny topsy and a lot of them used to have their own pints pots kept behind the bar....

Hi everyone, as a newbie to this site I am absolutely blown away at seeing these photos, I was transported back to my childhood!! My brother and I spent many an hour playing outside the Geach, with a Vimto and a packet of crisps while dad and his brother were inside having a drink. Dad's family all lived just across the road in Summer Lane, almost opposite to the pub, Gran and grandad, great granma, great aunts and uncles and many cousins, I can remember visiting them all. We lived in Clifford street. We went to Cowper Street school. Mom's family, my nan and grandad lived in William Street. What memories !!

hi jean and a warm welcome to the forum...great to see someone new that came from the old end..if you go to the clifford st thread and the william st thread i think i have reposted some pics..any problems finding them just get back to me...
actually jean ive just looked at the clifford st thread and i still have some pics to repost..give me a few mins...
lyn

Last edited:
Wonderful photos ,Lynn. Certainly brings back memories. My surnames I am working with are Boyington, (me),Edouarde, Murray and Davies. I was born at 1/37 or 1/137? (can't quite remember at this moment,) in Clifford Street. Must ask my brother, his memory might be better than mine! However, it's bedtime for us down under so will keep checking back, bye for now, Jean

oops sorry jean i have only just noticed that you are now in oz land..i have posted another 2 pics on the clifford st thread and if you go to the william st thread when you next log on i will have posted 16 pics of that street for you...

night then...

lyn

hi billy..happy new year to you all in hull...it breaks my heart everytime i post a photo...even if if they are not of my neck o wth woods...

lyn

Wonderful photos ,Lynn. Certainly brings back memories. My surnames I am working with are Boyington, (me),Edouarde, Murray and Davies. I was born at 1/37 or 1/137? (can't quite remember at this moment,) in Clifford Street. Must ask my brother, his memory might be better than mine! However, it's bedtime for us down under so will keep checking back, bye for now, Jean

it was 1 back 37 clifford street jean. ive checked on the electoral rolls . shera

Back