• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR WARREN'S ATTENTION.

This is what's happening Warren. The duplication problem isn't resolved, so here's an example to illustrate the issue. (Not sure if this is happening for everyone, but I think it probably is).

Re: 1
When I've pressed reply button this appears. Note orange message line followed by text box with the message still in it, appearing as though it hasn't been sent. This leads to some members naturally pressing 'Reply' again

Screenshot_20240723_205648_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re 2 by pressing on orange message, it shows message has in fact been sent, but
Re 3 the text remains in the text box. Currently I think most members are clearing these by themselves. But if they've pressed 'Reply' again, and they're not cleared, it's making threads messy and frustrating to read

Screenshot_20240723_205704_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I did one post earlier which went on as it should do but since then have had to refresh page.
I have been doing that too. After posting nothing seems to have happened, but by refreshing the page, it is clear that the post has actually been added to the thread and I just copy and delete below the thread, rather than post it again, which had previously resulted in a couple of duplicate posts.

hopefully warren will be able to find time soon to sort out this on going technical problem we have..

thanks for your patience

the team

hopefully warren will be able to find time soon to sort out this on going technical problem we have..

thanks for your patience

the team

seems ok now warren but i take it all of the duplicate posts since the 18th on various threads will have to remain ?

lyn

one for warren please....this started happening today. after midnight..under thread titles its saying "later today" should be giving us time and date of last post made...have to refresh the page to get rid of it but it keeps coming back

DUPLICATION OF POSTS
later_today_at_x warren
GENERAL DISCUSSION (non-Birmingham history)
Threads
warren
can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild
later_today_at_x warren
EVENTS AND MEET UPS
Threads
Astoness
Invictus Games 2027 in Birmingham
later_today_at_x Astoness
BIRMINGHAM NEWS
Threads
Astoness
save the wellingtons cats
later_today_at_x Astoness
DONATE
Threads
Server crash and your donations
later_today_at_x Richard Dye
BrumBay
Threads
superdad3
Re: ‘Forgotten Brummies: the men and women who shaped today’s Birmingham, who are now largely forgotten’
later_today_at_x superdad3
Information Sources
History Podcasts & MP3 Links
Threads
Martyn
Birmingham Surrealists
later_today_at_x Martyn
Carl's Brummagem Magazine
Threads
Transport.
later_today_at_x embley
Recommended Reference Books and CD's