• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

I always use the bell system. In my experience (over years, not just now), email notifications seem to be unreliable. Don't know if this is necessarily at the BHF end, but rather mine - possibly when my system has been updated. So I think the bell system is probably the most reliable - well for me at least.

I always use the bell system. In my experience (over years, not just now), email notifications seem to be unreliable. Don't know if this is necessarily at the BHF end, but rather mine - possibly when my system has been updated. So I think the bell system is probably the most reliable - well for me at least.

viv is the bell system just to alert us when we get a private message as thats the only time my bell pings...for forum thread alerts i always get an email alert and touch wood in all the years i have been a member its never let me down

lyn

viv is the bell system just to alert us when we get a private message as thats the only time my bell pings...for forum thread alerts i always get an email alert and touch wood in all the years i have been a member its never let me down

lyn

The bell shows answered threads (ones I've participated in) and replies to conversations. The envelope shows replies to private conversations only.

I've never been able to work out why my email alerts start and stop - all randomly, so have never relied on alerts via email.

Last edited:
I have all alerts turned off. PMs show next to the envelope but that is all. When I click on my saved link it takes me straight to new posts. I can see which I have contributed to as my avatar shows on that thread. Then I scroll to see if any new threads might interest me.

lyn
The only notification I get is when I look at the bell with the Forum open.

Back