• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

Is it just me? Ads are back in the middle of posts making it hard to read the thread. Also seem more full page pop ups.

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: cba
I don't have an ad blocker and usually I just get banner ads top and/or bottom of the screen. Today they are back in between people's user name and their message as if part of their post. Very odd.

just back from a few days away and came back to a large square in the middle of the home page...its headed by the blue birmingham history forum banner asking me to accept adverts...i can click off this but as soon as i try to do anything on the forum again up it pops again so i have to keep clicking off it so that i can use the forum..does anyone know how i can get rid of this message for good as i find it odd that there is an option to accept the adverts but no option to refuse them...thanks..

Welcome to birminghamhistory.co.uk
Please allow ads on our site
Looks like you're using an ad blocker. We rely on advertising to help fund our site. We only have a select few NONE INTRUSIVE ads on the site. Many thanks.

Allow ads

I'm not getting any ads on my phone now - just blank spaces in parts which is fine by me :laughing:

i am not getting any ads either sparks...i only use my lappy..have not had any ads for a long time now which not just as a member but also as a moderator is important so that we can perform our duties without being hampered...as said my problem is how to permanently get rid of the pop up that keeps appearing asking me to accept adverts on this forum..if no one can advise me i will wait until my son visits and ask him as i dont mess around with what i dont understand and everything was running fine before i went away on friday

lyn

I don't use an ad blocker. I now have banner ads at top and bottom of the page but the are twice as deep as the ones I had last week.
Yesterday it wouldn't let me post a message until I clicked on "accept all" for cookies. Now the new cookie button (black and white) has vanished so I can't change anything.
On the plus side the ads in the middle of the posts have gone so I can cope with the banners.

there are hardly any ads now, we are back with Adsense which means i can control the amount shown. I couldnt really do that before.

they dont move, they dont stop any functions and they dont get in the way its like the good old days again, ive been trying since april to sort adsense.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
This was never there before. It is intrusive and likely to put off viewers. Janice noted on post 342, she had just banners at top and bottom of the page , and that is just about acceptable, but these extra ones make it difficult to read, and will certainly reduce the number of members wanting to wade through the junk

I did only have banners top and bottom but like Mike says there is one in the middle. That said the banner at the bottom seems to have gone.
This is on my phone. No idea what it looks like on my laptop. Will find out when I eventually go on it.

Last edited:
I did only have banners top and bottom but like Mike says there is one in the middle. That said the banner at the bottom seems to have gone.
This is on my phone. No idea what it looks like on my laptop. Will find out when I eventually go on it.

yes thanks jan be interesting to see what shows on your laptop...thats what this thread is about...reporting any issues after the rebuild...i still cant get rid of the large pop up asking me to allow adverts

lyn

Last edited:
mike i get the feeling nothing is acceptable to you, i will leave it for now and test the metrics out.
Well I am interested in history and its presentation, and the dissemination of that information. Since the introduction of excessive amounts of adverts a year ago, the number of active members using the forum has decreased considerably, so it is not just me, You stated "there are hardly any ads now, we are back with Adsense which means i can control the amount shown. I couldnt really do that before. they dont move, they dont stop any functions and they dont get in the way . " That seemed immediately to be true, but then the extra ones appeared.

I am now on my laptop and have an ad at the top. This seems much larger than previously.
1720101403234.png
One under the last post I read on this thread
1720101356667.png

There is no ad at the bottom which I would prefer to one in the middle.

Last edited:
Back