• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Barr Beacon

Nice day, had a wander around the two Lakes at the Great Barr Hall, more damage has been done to the Hall, and the Planking/scaffolding

What a shame Dave the mentality of some people. If we are not at the van this week we will go and take a look. Jean.

One of the Lakes Weir, one of the Gothic Bridge. one looking at the Beacon, and one Looking at Brum all from the Great Barr Hall grounds

I read in our local Great Barr news that there have been sightings of three horses and men dressed in long robes on the Beacon. This has happened on quite a few occasions and it is being seriously looked into. I am not into things that go bump in the night but thought someone out there may be interested. Jean.

We then went a walk over the Beacon with our dog. I was disgusted at the amount of rubbish fish and chip boxes take away Kentucky boxes and general rubbish but other than that it quite enjoyed it Still lots of dog poo too . I posted a memorial to a dog on this thread a while back and was saddened to see that the statue had been removed [or stolen]. There is now another tribute by a tree but the writing had faded. There is the photo before the dog was removed. Jean. [whineeeeeeh]

Thanks Wendy. I said to Pete before we got there that I thought someone would have taken the dog and they took the floweres too. Originally there was just a pile of ashes [our dog found them] then the next time flowers and later the statue of the dod. Yesterday just the little wreath. Jean.

I have found someone who did Dianne who was in Damson Lane at the time and she said it was gigantic. We are up the Beacon either in the morning or Friday Dave. Going to fetch our eggs. Jean.

Dave what time were you there today?. We fetched our eggs and then took the dog a walk over the Beacon. Hope you wern't the obnoxious man at Wrights farm, Pete could have put one on him as easy as pie. I went to go throught the door and he barged through the door but I said to myself what a sad little man. On the way out as I was being served he started ranting about blocking the doorway and honest I saw the old Pete coming out. I met someone on facebook lately like that. They must thrive on it. Oh well after that we went to the top of the Beacon to let Pete cool off then a ride to Sutton Park. Will post photo's on that thread. [Hope it wasn't you Dave]. Jean.

Dave was only kidding I have a photo of you from one of the get togethers. One of those days I guess. Mind you our eggs are mega large one consolation I suppose. Take care. Must get together up there one day as we probably passed along the road was about that time too. No one else about apart from that man. Jean.

Dave do you mean the ones to the right hand side only they don't show on all the threads. I have only just got my smile back after a day like today. Lovely weather for a walk too wasn't it Dave. I do find the vegis in the farm shop rather expensive these days and tend to just use the butcher. Jean.

Take a walk down the lanes round the Beacon nows the time to pick some cob nuts before the squirrels get them.(watch you don,t get run over)Dek

Thanks Dek it's all those learner drivers reversing down that road by Wrights Farm. Don't know why their instructors use that road but suppose they have to learn somewhere. Bye. Jean.

Paid a visit to Great Barr Hall this morning, Security fence fairly secure, site around the area tidied up, security vehicle parked inside the fence, but no sign of anyone while I was there, Contractors painting the new stonework with anti graffiti paint on the Gothic bridge, No sign of any work being done on the Hall.

Back