• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ward st

Astoness
Hi Lyn this is pommie I put in a massage in forum to you but I must have put it in the wrong place about court 9 ward st
hope you can find it

pommie

hello pommie unfortunately i am busy looking after my sister who has just come out of hospital so i dont have much time to spend on the forum for a while but when i have i will take a look for the post you made and get back to you when i can

all the best

lyn

hello pommie unfortunately i am busy looking after my sister who has just come out of hospital so i dont have much time to spend on the forum for a while but when i have i will take a look for the post you made and get back to you when i can

all the best

lyn
sorry to hear sis is ill. hope she recovers soon lyn,

to Bronwen Summers
my grandmother lived in court 8 house number 5 her name was Sadler, I lived in from ward street 1938 until 1951 did your
family live in ward street. I see you live in Christchurch NZ, I live Australia NSW
regards pommie

Hi all,

I've stumbled across these posts whilst doing a little research into my family history. I believe my great great grandfather and grandmother lived in no.10 (Arthur & Elsie Lutwyche).

If anyone still checks the thread it would be great if you could guide me to any other info.

Rob

What type of info are you looking for? Photos, memories, genealogy?

Looks like Arthur's mother was living next door at no 9 in the 1920s and in 1935 his brother Robert was living at no 8.

What type of info are you looking for? Photos, memories, genealogy?

Looks like Arthur's mother was living next door at no 9 in the 1920s and in 1935 his brother Robert was living at no 8.
Thanks for the speedy reply @MWS!

I'm literally just starting out, so I guess my reply was just to see who may be out there for now. I didn't think I'd receive a reply so soon :)

Just getting to grips with ancestry.co.uk's search tools too - very early stages.

No probs, I hope you enjoy your research.

Any queries just ask, there's lots of knowledgeable members who may be able to help.

Back