• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution
MWS
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• MWS
      MWS replied to the thread MILLS, John Thomas.
      John Thomas Wellings was reg. Jun qtr 1886 Dudley (which covers Netherton) mmn Mills. Arthur Wellings and Mary Ann Mills marriage reg...
    • MWS
      He was registered as Wellings.
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to theodore's post in the thread MILLS, John Thomas with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Hi All Have checked the records for John Thomas Wellings and i am sure he is the John Thomas Mills who enlisted in the Worcesters...
    • MWS
      There is a Chelsea Pension Record for a Joseph Wellings of about the right age who appears to be in the Worcestershire Regiment. I think...
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread MILLS, John Thomas with Appreciate Appreciate.
      He signed the papers on 5th May 1903 and gave his age as 18 years and 1 month.
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to Astoness's post in the thread MILLS, John Thomas with Appreciate Appreciate.
      far as i know they dont mark which has always surprised me...just gives ages in years and months..it does give names of parents and...
    • MWS
      Thanks Lyn, I couldn't remember if one of the less common ones listed it or not.
    • MWS
      Do any of his army records lists a full dob?
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Shakespeare family with Appreciate Appreciate.
      1945 and 1950 eroll possibles 110 Beauchamp Road Hall Green
    • MWS
      MWS reacted to stuart1635's post in the thread Queens Road Aston (not Erdington) with Appreciate Appreciate.
      What a great forum. I'm not from Aston but my grand parents lived No 4 Queens Road. They didn't get a mention but it was great reading...
    • MWS
      MWS replied to the thread Shakespeare family.
      James & Doris (nee Jones) Shakespeare 1/70 Highgate St in 1939, Hullbrook Road in 1955. ERs (1945 & 1950) are probably the only info...
    • MWS
      For those who patronised "The Goodies" I have uploaded a page for this inter-war pub. Lots of photographs with many of the rooms...
    • MWS
      Ok, I've changed my mind. I think the person may actually be John Thomas Wellings b1886, the above John's half brother, the son of...
    • MWS
      Not sure what's not right then but there are few things that match. Anyway should be Wellings in 1901. And this John appears to be the...
    • MWS
      I think I can see him on the 1901 and 1911 census. Living on Cross St in 1901 with wife and children. He is listed as the son in law of...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back