• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

tidy up please

hi folks could you have a go at a general tidy up of this one please.

thank you

lyn

mom&jac.jpg mom&jac.jpg

Would someone have a go at tidying this up for me please? It's my Mum and Dad with me about 1950 on Blackpool beach, can't believe dad was wearing a shirt and tie on the beach. I found it in Dad's wallet after he passed and it's just come to light again. Thanks

Attachments

• mum, dad and me Blackpool 1950.jpg
    mum, dad and me Blackpool 1950.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 30
Would someone have a go at tidying this up for me please? It's my Mum and Dad with me about 1950 on Blackpool beach, can't believe dad was wearing a shirt and tie on the beach. I found it in Dad's wallet after he passed and it's just come to light again. Thanks
Hi Bewdley,
I took a quick shot at it for you, but I think it would be better if you could scan your photo at a higher resolution like, 300 to 600 dpi,,
Dennis

Attachments

• mum, dad and me Blackpool 1950.jpg
    mum, dad and me Blackpool 1950.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 29
Hi Bewdley,
I took a quick shot at it for you, but I think it would be better if you could scan your photo at a higher resolution like, 300 to 600 dpi,,
Dennis

Thank you so much Dennis, that's a big improvement; I'll have a fiddle with the scanner and see if I can change the resolution and if I can't then I'll ask one of the kids how to change it when they're here (if I remember) and post it again.

Thanks again much appreciated. Josie

Hi,
Could you please do a restoration on my grandfather/grandmother Irene Elsie (nee Evans) & father Allan Pritchatt, taken in back garden of 196 Tyburn Road around 1927. I would be grateful of any improvement.

Jackie

Attachments

• Arthur, Elsie and Alan Pritchatt.jpg
    Arthur, Elsie and Alan Pritchatt.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 33
Hi,
Could you please do a restoration on my Grandfather/Grandmother Irene Elsie (nee Evans) /Father born in 1927. please.

Jackie

Attachments

• Arthur, Elsie and Alan Pritchatt.jpg
    Arthur, Elsie and Alan Pritchatt.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
My attempt at the photo .... got to go out now but probably could do better with a bit more time ..:)
2Arthur, Elsie and Alan Pritchatt.jpg
A second image below with colour removed, sky lightened and smoothed, and a few blemishes removed.
4_Arthur, Elsie and Alan Pritchatt.jpg

Last edited:
could anyone have a go at lightening these two up for me please...thanks for any help folks

lyn

Burton House PH Hunters Rd.jpg The Angel Wills St..jpg

They are strange images Lyn.
On the Angel Pub, every surface facing that bloke crossing George St is black, even that chimney and the wall of that building at the back.

On the Burton House pic, the roof has strange digital artifacts when I try to lighten it.
Just wondering how they were scanned .. they almost seem to be on black and white scan settings for text.

Must admit I can't seem to do much with them.

Best I can do I think Lyn

Attachments

• Burton House PH Hunters RdA.jpg
    Burton House PH Hunters RdA.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 19
  • The Angel Wills StA..jpg
    The Angel Wills StA..jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 20
could anyone please help and try to improve this photo. this man died in a Japanese prisoner of war camp, any help would be great thank you

lynne

Attachments

• stephen elliott.jpg
    stephen elliott.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 34
Hi Lynne, when part of photo, particularly on or near a face is missing, it is very difficult to repair it.
I have had a go but maybe someone with Photoshop could make a better job of it.
I only use free software with obvious limitations as can be seen.
He must have been a brave soldier who sadly lost his life in service to the country.
oldmohawk
Stephen_Elliott.jpg

Last edited:
Back