• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Bull Xmas meet 2011

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
Once again thanks to Lyn we had a great time at this years meet-up, I'm sure everyone enjoyed it, Jan and I certainly did.
It was good to see a few new faces, and a big thank you to all the "old" faces, who managed to get there instead of going Christmas shopping.
There seemed to be a lot of photos taken, it would be nice to see some posted here.

Colin

OMG I had such a great time and won ERICS PAINTING. How good is that!! It was great to see sooo many friends from previous get-togethers and also some new friends such as formula t. , topsy turvy and stars. lovely to see everyone. thankyou Lyn for arranging the meet up and Wendy for doing the raffle. Shera

As per usual I had a very enjoyable meet thanks to Lyn - a drink, turkey sandwich, a raffle win and great company, what more could you ask for !!! Glad you like the painting Shera, I love painting and get pleasure in giving them to friends, I'll make sure I have one for next meet. Eric

So glad to hear that the Meet-up went very well. Thanks to Lyn who stepped up to the plate and got it together. I tried to
phone the pub around 1:30 to wish you all a Happy Christmas but they were not answering their phone. I look forward to seeing the photos very much.

hi folks. not long got back and there is a good reason for that..chocks and dave m managed to pop in late but the best one of all was robert who called in after everyone had gone home but we can excuse him this time as he was busy playing father christmas for a worthy cause so that just left me and templer and it would have been ignorant not to stay for a while longer lol...thanks to all of our members who made this afternoon so special..made even better by seeing some new faces and i really hope they will join us again on future meet ups..

thank you to everyone who dontated some splendid raffle prizes and a big thanks to wendy for helping with the raffle..the total raised for the birmingham childrens hospital was £105 and i will post a receipt for that as soon as i receive one from the hospital..

just having a cuppa and then i will download some pics and post them..

oh jenny thats a shame that you could not get through to the pub it would have been great to talk to you..
funnily enough we were talking about the meet up we had for you at the bartons and how interesting you made it with your talk on birmingham...hope to see you again jenny just let us know when and we will once again rally the troups for you..
lyn xx

Last edited:
I feel really sorry for you Lyn, having to stay late at the pub. Glad it was an enjoyable time for all
Mike

Fantastic time had by one and all, we even won one of the prizes in the raffle ( WHO SHOUTED FIX ? ).

Nice to have met you all, and what a good sum raised for a worthy cause. Thanks to those who donated some lovely prizes and i hope you all arrived home safe and sound.

Lyn. You always amaze me, the things you do for our group. Even to the extent of staying longer in the pub. Such committment. Anyway, glad it was a success, and that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Postie. You have fantastic hearing Jim. I didnt think you could hear me shout from up here. lol

Another lovely meet and as Lyn said lovely to meet new people. I won a raffle prize too!! What a lovely pub a smashing venue but a bit squashed as so many turned up! Here are some photo's sorry not great as Michael usually does them.
Christmas_meet_at_The_Bull_003.JPG
Christmas_meet_at_The_Bull_004.JPG

bazz as ive said many times before if it was not for members turning up there would be no meet ups but thank you for your kinds words..im only doing what i love doing and thats getting us brummies together for a good old chin wag...and yes my committment holds no bounds.... oh and thanks for the bhf tee shirt jim..im in bed now and wearing it but of course you will have to take my word for that..

lolha.gif

Thanks Lyn for organising another great meet, good food, good weather and the best company ever. what more could you ask for. Even managed a quick hello to Dave M, Robert and Chocks. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks again all.
Lynne.

Just to say a big thank you to Lyn for all the effort and encouragement we thoroughly enjoyed meeting the gang some new friends some not so new.

Here are a few photos to let those unable to join us see what you missed.

DSC05490_1024x681.jpg

DSC05491_1024x681.jpg

DSC05494_1024x681.jpg

DSC05497_1024x681.jpg

Who Was That Mystery Shooter?

DSC05499_1024x681.jpg

Lyn cannot quite believe what she photographed in the Snug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lyn and Wendy for your raffle efforts. Sounds as though you had some great prizes. The best thing about this forum is that many people have made friends and special friends at that.
It's so great..Brummies meeting together and having a bostin time. I'm off out now but will spend some time spotting who's who on the photos.

Well you all look like you had a great time.

I am sorry my flying visit was a brief, but it was nice to say hello and put a few faces to names.

Have a great Christmas.

We had a great time, thanks Lyn for organising it, Lyn and Wendy for the raffle and Stars for entertaining mom!!
Will post photos tomorrow as we are just about to go out for our rugby parents night out, I predict a few sore heads on the pitch tomorrow lol
Sue

our lovely landlady rose...

xmasmeet2011036.jpg

lovely to see chocks who had his wagon parked outside..

xmasmeet2011038.jpg

Back