• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

My Partner Ray

sylviasayers

master brummie
It is with great sadness I have to tell you that my long time partner Ray died suddenly last Wednesday, I know some of you have met him on the various outings, and others may remember his barber shop and later hairdressing shops in Newtown Row and the Newtown Shopping Centre.
R.I.P.Darling

So sorry to hear your very sad news Sylvia. May your memories give you strength - Judy

Last edited:
oh sylvia i dont know what to say to you....i have met ray several times on our meet ups and he was a lovely man...a pleasure to talk to..please accept my sincere condolences..my thoughts are with you and please get in touch with me if i can help in any small way...

lyn xx

Dear Sylvia: What heartbreaking news. You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers at such a sad time. Ray will live on in the many many happy memories
you have. R.I.P. dear Ray.

Our thoughts and condolences are with you at this sad time.
Sheila & Trevor.

Oh. dear. I am very sorry to read the news and though most of us never will meet except for this media, I think the condolences I offer are non the less heart felt. Deepest sympathy.

Sylvia

My condolences on your sad news.

I know that you will hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are cared about.

May your God bless and comfort you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear of Ray's passing I also remember meeting him. Sylvia I know you will keep strong and remember we are here for you. Our deepest Sympathy to you and your family. Wendy and Michael.

So very sorry Sylvia, please accept our deepest sympathy, our thoughts are with you at this very sad time.
Sylvia and Brian

very sad to hear this news sylvia. i met ray a few times and he was a lovely man. my sincere condolences to you and all your family. chris

Sylvia I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

My thoughts are with you. Maureen (Sakura) Canada. hug xx

Back