• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Missing photos (as a result of Forum hacked 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ray what an absolute star you are...i can only imagine how long it will take you to get all these wonderful images ready to post back on the forum for us..as for grouping them how you have suggested sounds good to me...ie all the aston/lozells and hockley under one thread...then another thread for the nechells and duddeston one...and so on...

gosh ray you have your work cut out but cant wait to see the photos...what a christmas present for the forum this will be..

lyn

Last edited:
Over the years I have downloaded images that have been posted on the Forum. I have posted these (2119 in all) on the Forum Image Hosting site in a gallery called Mike_Brummie_Jumble_Sale. I am afraid that they are a jumble - there is some duplication and I am afraid that I have not labled them. Many can be identified from their file name which can be found from the file information in the gallery however and others from street names in the photograph. However, I hope that by posting them it will be of some help

Thanx Mike , I'm sure some members will find your contribution of help, thanx also for taking the time to do this for the site.
I am reposting pic's I have into old threads as I come across them, although this takes time...
Thanx to all the other members also who have posted some of our old pic's to the host site.. at sometime many can be reposted in the right threads too.

I think this is a good idea. I've come across copies I kept of photos that memebers posted pre-hacking, so I'll post any on Coppermine as I come across them in case they're needed. I'll only post them to the original thread if the original poster asks me to as I don't want to take liberties with other people's stuff!!. VIv

:upset: that's dire. But with the fantastic efforts of people like mike ingram, hopefully a large part can be found. Viv.

Viv, just to clear this point...
I'll only post them to the original thread if the original poster asks me to as I don't want to take liberties with other people's stuff!!. VIv
Only 'Moderators' can post pic's into an original post. The reason I am prepared to do this as a site moderator is because some original posters/ members are no longer with us for a number of reasons.
Peter Walker for example who passed way last November 10th... I know that Peter would be very upset that his pic's were hacked from the site and would be pleased to have them reposted where possible ...
However members can post pic's into a new post on a thread where pic's have been lost and maybe make an acknowledgement to the original poster if they know who it was and are able...

Last edited:
Viv, just to clear this point...
Only 'Moderators' can post pic's into an original post. The reason I am prepared to do this as a site moderator is because some original posters/ members are no longer with us for a number of reasons.
Peter Walker for example who passed way last November 10th... I know that Peter would be very upset that his pic's were hacked from the site and would be pleased to have them reposted where possible ...
However members can post pic's into a new post on a thread where pic's have been lost and maybe make an acknowledgement to the original poster if they know who it was and are able...

Are you sure on this Chris I was sent a PM asking to post a photo and I was able to go back to the original post and edit it to reinstall the photo requested. Dek

I have tried to log in on the images site, but when I put in my details for my email address - it comes up 'selected user does not exist'

Are you sure on this Chris I was sent a PM asking to post a photo and I was able to go back to the original post and edit it to reinstall the photo requested. Dek

I think that I am correct in saying that you can , only add an image back into the post if you were the original poster; if you are not the original poster, it needs a moderator to add the image back into the post. However anyone who is registered can add them back in if they add them to another post on the same thread.

Post #11
Only 'Moderators' can post pic's into an original post........However members can post pic's into a new post on a thread where pic's have been lost
Thanx Warren and leslam, I thought that was the case!

Hi folks I have just realised I had missed out the words 'another members' , my post should have read...
Only ' Moderators' can repost pic's into another members original post...
So sorry if I created any confusion, it was not intended.

Well sites on coppermine to finish...

More soon phew

the coppermine site IS on im just awaiting the subdomain change to the new directory.

Images hosted on coppermine wont show until this has updated should be a few hours.

as promised, with the new hosts come better security features and better protection hence....................
Koala.jpg

id really love you all to continue to use coppermine but it's your choice and your free to make it :)

Just to point out i didnt really have to do that much mostly just configuration and SQL table dump files, the new hosts did all the donkey work.

Last edited by a moderator:
gah!! I dont mind really since blues are my second team.
we didnt deserve and neither did blues so hey ho :D

Thank you warren for all the hard work you have put into this site. You really do have a gooden There Jim ...xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back