• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Missing photos (as a result of Forum hacked 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendy
I think when this is observed it will be with older posts which occurred before the hacking incident many where all the photographs were lost. Many have been replaced, but the sheer numbers involved and the fact that some of the posters have left (or died) has not always made this possible. If there are any that you are interested in that are missing , then if you post on the thread a request, we will see if we can replace it with a copy or possibly a similar photograph.

Hi Mikejee that sounds like it could be the problem some of them have been older posts I have been looking through, thank you for letting me know at least i know now I am not just missing them!!

Thanks Lyn, about 100 of my paintings disappeared, took me about 3 days to replace, not sure they are all back now. Eric

Thanks Lyn, about 100 of my paintings disappeared, took me about 3 days to replace, not sure they are all back now. Eric
Hi Eric,
There are 98 of your paintings in Coppermine.
In the main forum if you enter the word coppermine in the top box of the 'Search' and your forum user name in the bottom box (see below) it will find all of your posts which have your paintings from coppermine. You uploaded most of them in 2012. It will also find a few posts where you typed the word coppermine.

If you enter the word attach instead of the word coppermine it will find at least 200 of your posts in which you have uploaded and inserted images into posts by the normal forum method.

oldmohawk
Image1.jpg

Thanks oldMohawk, I never bother with copper mine now. I once had a Gallery on my profile page, but I can no longer do that now, I make do with Original Art thread. Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back