• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lower Tower Street

Hi all, My great grandparents, Alfred George & Mary Sarjent lived at 122 Lower Tower Street in 1881. Alfred was a Letter Cutter. Any ideas out there re: schools, etc. I assume all the children in the street would go to the nearest school, any thoughts?

Hi Bernie,
At the other end of Tower street you had infant and junior school St George’s C of E.
The nearest senior school would have been Summer Lane.

Thanks for the information. I am planning visit to bham library in the hope there may be records of attendance, registration.

Thanks for the information. I am planning visit to bham library in the hope there may be records of attendance, registration.
there are also schools not showing on the map that are only a few mins walk away..ie smith st school and st chads in brearley st

lyn

Back