• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two foxes in the garden yesterday, one on the shed roof and the other in the long grass. He looked OK but the other was almost bald and didn't even bother to chase the nearby pigeons off the the roof.
rosie.

I read somewhere yesterday that pumpkin isn't good for wild creatures and people shouldn't dump their pumpkins in woodland. It can cause dehydration in certain animals and is not good for hedgehogs. Trouble is I can't remember where I read it!
rosie.

The land used to cultivate the horrible tasteless damn things could be far bette used to grow food.
I love them we are having pumpkin soup again tonight, with chilli. Co-Op is now selling them off for 50p. I forwarded the don't put it out for wildlife I got off the net to our grandchildren. Then mum said they started to pong after a day of being cut in to lanterns and she has binned them. She will make soup from the flesh though.

Pumpkin is a cultural and regional experience I believe!! You need to live in a country were it is a nutural veg, like in Tunisia... Yum, yum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back