• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks into November, and I still have a few flowers to enjoy.

Also, some berries on the Honeysuckle.

And the Hydrangea looks nice.

Hopefully, this late colour will make the Winter seem shorter.

My apologies for the poor pictures. I managed to drop my good camera, and I am now looking at buying a new one. : unamused:

Steve.

Two weeks into November, and I still have a few flowers to enjoy.

Also, some berries on the Honeysuckle.

And the Hydrangea looks nice.

Hopefully, this late colour will make the Winter seem shorter.

My apologies for the poor pictures. I managed to drop my good camera, and I am now looking at buying a new one. : unamused:

Steve.
Steve, we had something like that (not quite as pretty) until Saturday night it went down to 22f and warmed up to 23f last night, wiped them out. Didn’t bother the Geese they are still here!

Maybe of use as a reference if you are close to agricultural land.

Well, here I am, in late November, well North of Brum, and, still, we have some colour in the garden.
This, despite some quite hard frost on the car for a few mornings.

The garden is behind a low wall, which affords some protection, as we are only a couple of hundred yards from the sea.

Not exactly profuse, I know, but, it being almost December, 50 miles north of Aberdeen, I'll take it. :D

Steve.

Don't do that Eric, give it another chance replant and cut it back to about 18inches, I do that every year with mine in late autumn to protect it from being blown over by wind and snow.

I can't throw any plants into the recycling which means I have far too many plants in my garden, lol.

Some birds that may visit your garden / local area

Don't do that Eric, give it another chance replant and cut it back to about 18inches, I do that every year with mine in late autumn to protect it from being blown over by wind and snow.

I can't throw any plants into the recycling which means I have far too many plants in my garden, lol.
I did that last year and secured it to a concrete post but it's still come down again so it's going and will be replaced with something else, roses maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back