• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Spring bulbs are in now and a top dressing of compost applied. There's a forlorn single pink rose in bloom at the moment which has survived the wind and rain accompanied by an early snowdrop.

Last edited:
I've swept the needles up today, I was hoping to do an hour in the garden, but it's too cold and I still have a cold!!!! It looks lovely and sunny here, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have snow.

A surprise this morning when I filled the feeders. We had a visit from a female Blackbird, and a Thrush. Neither of which would stay still for a decent picture, but did manage this quick one of said Thrush.

Robin was more obliging.

But not fully. :laughing:

The usual suspects were fine.

Steve.

its warmed up a tad now so hopefully i will get my spring bulbs in tomorrow...really must try harder :D

lyn

I'm hopeless with mushrooms. Anybody know what these are in my arboretum ...

The white mushrooms look edible but I am too much of a wuss to risk cooking them! The orange variety certainly look like they would end up with a visit to A&E!

Mushrooms-1.jpgMushrooms-2.jpg

If, like me, you are concerned about the declining number of insects in the garden, then I suggest creating a different kind of fence. I pulled out a couple of rotten panels, built a wood frame, and filled it with log cuttings. As I was building it a ladybird moved in for the winter. I was thrilled.

Attachments

• Log Fence.jpg
    Log Fence.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back