• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Help save aston manor transport museum

like i said before if we dont try we lose anyway.....i emailed councillor ian ward last week inviting him to attend on saturday but he will be out of birmingham on that day but his reply left me in no doubt that he is totally opposed to the closure of the museum...

lyn

I believe the museum trustees did early in their battle - the trouble is, it just gets a stock reply from a Clarence house secretary.

Have you all written to your local councillor? He/She is your directly elected link to the council, and the best way to get an opinion over is by a large number of voices in the council chamber.
Letters to councillors, everybody! Letters, e-mails, phone calls, visits to councillors' "surgeries" - any way to get the message across. Anything is worth a try!

hi Lloyd well i am giving it another go...written and posted to HRH...with other ideas ongoing....we must a least try...:)

lyn

Still waiting for my e mail so that i can verify, how long does it take? Its been 15minutes now. Had email to say thanks for my donation through pay pal though.

My verification request landed up in my Junk mail folder. Nearly missed it as a result.

Chris

thanks everyone...pol i really wanted to join you at the open day at warstone lane but i cant be in two places at once...:D hope its a great success...:)

lyn..x

Hi Kev scroll back to post #1 Lyn has put a link on to the pettition.

I've signed.
'sustainable business plan' - the stock response from local government spoilers Country wide.
We all know the pressures that Local Authorities are under but I wonder if they ever appreciate the amount of passion and hard work that goes into volunteering for things like this. In order to get funding you have to jump through more and more hoops - and then do it all again when funding runs out! Soul destroying!
Best of Luck folks, and many thanks for all your efforts.
Ted

I've signed.
'sustainable business plan' - the stock response from local government spoilers Country wide.
We all know the pressures that Local Authorities are under but I wonder if they ever appreciate the amount of passion and hard work that goes into volunteering for things like this. In order to get funding you have to jump through more and more hoops - and then do it all again when funding runs out! Soul destroying!
Best of Luck folks, and many thanks for all your efforts.
Ted

thank you ted and thanks to everyone who is helping to try and save this museuem from closure...we shall be making our feelings quite clear on this matter to the press at tomorrows open day...we need all the support we can get so if you can spare an hour tomorrow we would love to see you down there....:)

lyn

I,ll see you all tomorrow I must support this worthy cause.Dek

thank you dek:) you wont find myself and a few other members far from the main gates for the first couple of hours..things to do..:)

we have talked the talk now its time to walk the walk....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

see you tomorrow...

lyn

Last edited:
Hi folks

Thanks for signing the petition, as someone said the verification goes to the spam folder in your email sometimes, I don't think it will matter as the pdf with the names on doesn't include (unverified) but best to verify just in case.

I intend leafleting Northfield residents where Randall Brew represents and have put a link to the petition on there.

Thanks again.

hi paul...good luck with the leafleting..hoping to get a petition going on the running day at amtm next month....

lyn

good news at last..

hi folks just been informed that the old tram shed has been granted grade 2 listed status....:encouragement::encouragement:

LYN

That's great news, but what will it mean for the museum itself and the exhibits?

Well at least something of our heritage will remain then and I guess that successfully puts a stop to a supermarket or housing estate, so a good result!
Would be nice if they could have a form of museum within it, to show what it used to be.
Thanks Lyn
Sue

That's good news Lyn, but if i've got my facts right, grade 2 listing only protects the outside look of the building, it doesn't protect what can be done inside.
Which is the buildings greatest asset, I hope i'm wrong.

You are right Brian, Grade 2 listed is just the outside of the building. I did hear that the building was going to be used as a Market, but that could just be talk.
Lynne.

Back