• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Help save aston manor transport museum

if you look at the list of signatures some of the names have unverified against them...i have just had an email asking me to verify and when you do the word unverified dissapears..just thought i would let you all know...keep em coming folks and let your friends know...:)

lyn

Don't forget to put the link on your facebook so friends and family can see it and as a signiture on your emails.every bit helps.:thumbsup:

Still waiting for my e mail so that i can verify, how long does it take? Its been 15minutes now. Had email to say thanks for my donation through pay pal though.

hi claribel i dont think you have to verify it...your signature still counts...it would be such a great loss if the plans to sell it go ahead....

I support the petition, as I think it would be a loss if it were to close. But I haven't signed as rightly or wrongly I'm averse to putting personal details on Facebook, which I don't like.

Didn't Prince Charles open the Museum? Twice in recent years I've mosied on down to have a look, but it's been closed.

Big Gee

I support the petition, as I think it would be a loss if it were to close. But I haven't signed as rightly or wrongly I'm averse to putting personal details on Facebook, which I don't like.

Didn't Prince Charles open the Museum? Twice in recent years I've mosied on down to have a look, but it's been closed.

Big Gee

Think it was connected to his Birthday visit

You don't have to put stuff onto Facebook to sign as far as I can see.

Looks as though I was wrong - sorry.

Big Gee you could always join - sign then delete your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to put stuff onto Facebook to sign as far as I can see.

Looks as though I was wrong - sorry.

Big Gee you could always join - sign then delete your account.

hi bernie yes i think you are right..you only make an account so that you can join the online petition site and create your own petition if you want to...its nothing to do with joining the social networking facebook...

so keep them coming folks...

lyn

I really hope that the Aston Transport Museum is saved. I remember when Prince Charles opened the Museum in November 1988 on his 40th birthday. There is a photo somewhere of the Prince dancing with a girl at the opening. Here is a bit about the Museum: https://www.amrtm.org/HISTORY.html

Didn't Prince Charles open the Museum?

His 40th birthday party was held there.

[video=youtube;jKTjk9-prW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKTjk9-prW0[/video]

Twice in recent years I've mosied on down to have a look, but it's been closed.

It's open
11am - 5pm all year round on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays.

Last edited:
Just a thought - Has anyone written to Prince Charles about Birmingham's plan?

funny you should say that bazz..i was unaware until now that price charles has actually opened and endorsed the musueum.....i wonder what he would have to say about it...mmmmm....

lyn

i have now drafted out a letter to prince charles which i will write out neatly and post this morning...

we really must try everying we can now and have no right to moan about the proposed closure if we dont....later on i will post what i have written...

lyn:)

Good luck in your efforts Lyn, but i suspect that, because there are not Palladian pillars in front of the museum and the tables don't have doilies on, then Prince Charles won't be interested.

Good luck in your efforts Lyn, but i suspect that, because there are not Palladian pillars in front of the museum and the tables don't have doilies on, then Prince Charles won't be interested.

If the letter does gets though all his private secretarys. I really do think he'll write back supporting the museum

I have signed!
Good luck with your letter Lyn, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get a response.
I won't be able to join you on Saturday as I am helping at Warstone Lane Cemetery but I will be thinking of you all on your protest.

I believe the museum trustees did early in their battle - the trouble is, it just gets a stock reply from a Clarence house secretary.

Have you all written to your local councillor? He/She is your directly elected link to the council, and the best way to get an opinion over is by a large number of voices in the council chamber.
Letters to councillors, everybody! Letters, e-mails, phone calls, visits to councillors' "surgeries" - any way to get the message across. Anything is worth a try!

I believe the museum trustees did early in their battle - the trouble is, it just gets a stock reply from a Clarence house secretary.

Have you all written to your local councillor? He/She is your directly elected link to the council, and the best way to get an opinion over is by a large number of voices in the council chamber.
Letters to councillors, everybody! Letters, e-mails, phone calls, visits to councillors' "surgeries" - any way to get the message across. Anything is worth a try!

Yes I did. No reply. What a supprise :redface:

Back