• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC channel BBC 4 had a program on last night called "Easy listening hits at the BBC" (it is available on BBC iPlayer or on Catch Up on Sky).

Featured a whole range of songs and artists, but one of the songs was Georgy Girl by the Seekers.

I will admit that I thought The Seekers were a bit "naff" when I was young (being more in to rock groups at the time) but I found myself singing along to this last night and tapping my feet.

Not the greatest quality video but their enthusiasm just comes across (I think this is the clip they showed on that program last night.

The BBC channel BBC 4 had a program on last night called "Easy listening hits at the BBC" (it is available on BBC iPlayer or on Catch Up on Sky).

Featured a whole range of songs and artists, but one of the songs was Georgy Girl by the Seekers.

I will admit that I thought The Seekers were a bit "naff" when I was young (being more in to rock groups at the time) but I found myself singing along to this last night and tapping my feet.

Not the greatest quality video but their enthusiasm just comes across (I think this is the clip they showed on that program last night.

Thanks.
nice i liked Judith Durham what a voice.

Nice to know the 4 original members of the Seekers are still alive.

Judith is 77, the others 78-80.

The video of Georgy Girl I posted above was at their farewell concerts on the BBC as Judith was leaving the group to have a solo career.

The rest of the band did tour with different members during the 1970s and 1980s.

The four original members did reform in 1992.

Judith retired from performing in 2019.

That is the first time I have heard the 'laughing version' of Are You Lonesome Tonight in full. When Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley split up, a radio DJ said he wondered if Lisa Marie had sent a copy of this to Jackson.:laughing:

That is the first time I have heard the 'laughing version' of Are You Lonesome Tonight in full. When Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley split up, a radio DJ said he wondered if Lisa Marie had sent a copy of this to Jackson.:laughing:

On this day in 1969, Elvis Presley performed at the International Hotel in Las Vegas. While singing "Are You Lonesome Tonight," Elvis started laughing. He may have been amused by the sight of a man in the front row who removed his toupee during the song. :grinning: In his biography of Elvis Presley, Peter Guralnick writes that it was the sound of background singer Cissy Houston, mother of Whitney, that got Elvis laughing. Her soprano part on this tune has been likened to the sound of wobbling saw blade.

Seeing the link to the Mamas and Papas song Monday Monday above here is a funny item from the comedy series called "The Sketch Show" featuring Lee Mack and others.

It is based on the Mamas and Papas song "California Dreamin"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back