• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
D
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Canals of Birmingham.
      The letters T and D are very close together and if you study languages you will often find that the same word can have a D in one...
    • D
      On a few emails I have received trying to sell me things, I have tried clicking the 'Unsubscribe' button only to have my computer...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Midland Red Bus Routes.
      WMPTE/Travel West Midlands rationalised the BCT and Midland Red garages that they took over. The 'out of area' bus routes that used to...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Ghost signs of Birmingham.
      It does look curved so it could be.
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Ghost signs of Birmingham.
      I think there is something in front of Presswork as the word is not central. Could be EX.
    • D
      Had an invitation today to take part in a survey for Lidl. As I very rarely shop in Lidl and have never given them my details, the email...
    • D
      Government websites use .gov.uk. Local authorities use the local authority name plus .gov.uk I have had a few scams with .jp which is...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread W T Avery scales.
      Remember that in those days all prices were calculated using mental arithmetic. The weight in lbs and oz times the price per pound in...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Marrying dead wife's sister.
      I am speaking entirely from memory but I am sure that in one book on the history of Harborne, I read that the local landowner married in...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Preedy Alfred Tobacconist.
      Interesting but this is not the Alfred Preedy & Sons Ltd that we knew as it appears the company names have been swopped round over the...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Dudley road.
      Driver of HA1118 must have misunderstood the sign ALL CARS STOP HERE.
    • D
      The cutting from the Harborne Railway to the M&B brewery has been filled in so is difficult to see from the footpath that runs along the...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Moseley Kings Heath Line.
      Yes but in his short life he founded many schools mainly from the proceeds of confiscation of the money held by the guilds that his...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Moseley Kings Heath Line.
      King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls I am sure pupils and alumni of both schools would not...
    • D
      DavidGrain replied to the thread Snow Hill Station.
      It was not just the British Industries Fair that was a problem for GWR passengers. Great Western Railway Air Services were not happy...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…