• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
last one for today...myself and mate doreen wore the carpet out dancing to this one :D :D not sure but i think lulu was only 15 when she made this one..

I am afraid that the song 'Living Next Door to Alice' has bad memories for me. Eleven years ago I was in hospital, a lady named Alice was in the next room to me. She kept screaming for her son but when he came, she told him to clear off, she wanted nothing more to do with him. Unfortunately I overheard the doctors discussing her case and one said he had looked at the latest scans and there was no hope. This song came to my mind. She passed away that night.

I am afraid that the song 'Living Next Door to Alice' has bad memories for me. Eleven years ago I was in hospital, a lady named Alice was in the next room to me. She kept screaming for her son but when he came, she told him to clear off, she wanted nothing more to do with him. Unfortunately I overheard the doctors discussing her case and one said he had looked at the latest scans and there was no hope. This song came to my mind. She passed away that night.
sorry to hear that. i too lived next door to a allice

knock three times was sung by everyone very popular and catchy..first time i have actually seen a visual of dawn...only ever played it on the jukes boxes in pubs

hows strange pete this was the 2nd record i bought to play on my long awaited record player...the first one was the wonder of you elvis...would be about 1970 i think..up until then i had to go down to my mates to listen to records on her record player..happy days

lyn

hows strange pete this was the 2nd record i bought to play on my long awaited record player...the first one was the wonder of you elvis...would be about 1970 i think..up until then i had to go down to my mates to listen to records on her record player..happy days

lyn
the first record we got was on a dancet mom bought second hand. long john baldry. heartache begini still have it

Last edited:
the first record we got was on a dancet mom bought second hand. long john baldry. heartache begin

Interesting fact about Long John Baldry.

His band (Bluesology) had a piano player called Reg Dwight, and a saxophone player called Elton Dean.

When "Reg Dwight" decided to go solo he took the "John" from Long John Baldrey and the "Elton" from Elton Dean and became Elton John !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back