• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
Johnfromstaffs
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Johnfromstaffs
      Johnfromstaffs replied to the thread Smethwick.
      Good stuff, mate. I was born in St. Chad’s, and my two brothers, all on the same day! Only me left now.
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Johnfromstaffs reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Smethwick with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Hello, I've mostly been posting about my mom's family who lived in Ladywood, but I lived as a child and young adult in Gladys Road...
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Johnfromstaffs replied to the thread Gone out of fashion.
      By British Bulldog do you mean ”possibly offshore maybe European bovine/canine sentient being of indeterminate gender”?
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Worse still if you had to follow your dad in the tin bath after he’d been down the pit for a week!
    • Johnfromstaffs
      https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/British_Heat_Resisting_Glass_Co
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Johnfromstaffs reacted to Spargone's post in the thread Gone out of fashion with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Perhaps the fashion that we have moved away from is the white glass with floral patterns? Clear glass Pyrex is still being made, (and...
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Johnfromstaffs reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Gone out of fashion with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Oh - I must be out of fashion. :D I use my Pyrex dishes. (Well some of them)
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Our Pyrex dishes are still in regular use for cooking microwave items that need a lid, and for storage of items in the fridge. I don’t...
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Not only the tin bath, but the National Dried Milk tin. There would be one somewhere in most sheds, usually containing an assortment of...
    • Johnfromstaffs
      The Pop. Nothing in fashion here!
      • 0094CC74-62AC-4FE5-A858-F270FAD034DE.jpeg
    • Johnfromstaffs
      I rebuilt a Ford 10hp sidevalve engine for my Ford Popular which had suffered a failure on my way home from work. The scrapyard engine...
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Wheatstone Bridge, one of the few things I understood in A-level Physics!
    • Johnfromstaffs
      The old joke that goes “I was walking through a cow pasture when my cap blew off, I tried 3 on before I found it.” Seems appropriate...
    • Johnfromstaffs
      The biggest problem would be tying a Windsor for someone else, either your mate had very good spatial awareness or he stood behind you...
    • Johnfromstaffs
      Johnfromstaffs reacted to Brummie a long time ago's post in the thread Gone out of fashion with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Thanks for the memory. When I got married, my best man and mate tied my tie for me and he used a Windsor knot because he said it looked...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…