• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BHF,s SUMMER MEET UP

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
SUMMER MEET UP:encouragement:

HI FOLKS..TIME FOR OUR SUMMER MEET UP..EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME ESPECIALLY OUR NEWBIES OR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET BEEN TO ONE..THE JEWELLERS ARMS IS A LOVELY OLD PUB IN THE JEWELLERY QUARTER..SERVICE IS GOOD AND THE FOOD VERY GOOD AND REASONABLE..ITS A GREAT CHANCE TO PUT FACES TO NAMES ON THE FORUM SO DONT BE SHY YOU WILL BE MADE VERY WELCOME.:encouragement: I PROMISE YOU THAT COME THE MEET WE WILL ALL BE WEARING SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS LOL..

VENUE...THE JEWELLERS ARMS PUB..
23 HOCKLEY ST..HOCKLEY...B18.6BW

DATE..SATURDAY THE 11TH OF AUGUST..

TIME..12:30pm

WE WILL ALSO BE HOLDING A RAFFLE SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO DONATE A PRIZE IT WOULD BE MOST WELCOME...:encouragement:

proceeds from the raffle will be donated to our forum funds...

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

CAROLINA..AND JANET..
MIKEJEE AND MOM..
SISTERSUE..MOM AND DAD..
CHARLIE..AND COUSIN...
DAVID FOWLER...
ASTONESS..GRAHAM..JO AND DAVID..
PHIL..
BOBBO..
LYNNE WEBB..
VICKI..
KEY HILL BRIAN...
KELLY..
COOKIE273UK..
POSTIE AND THE BOSS...
NORTHFIELD..
SHORTIE..AND PAUL..
MAYFIELD...
LESLAM..
KATIE..AND HUSBAND..

jewellers arms.jpg

Last edited:
hi carolina the date should be there now..fraid i am having techical problems here..the letters should not have been that large and everything is all over the place im in a right mess lol...will try to edit and set it out as i wanted..

lyn

Last edited:
Hi Lyn, its showing up now. I thought it was one of the celeb' meets where you kept everyone guessing about the date so we wouldnt let the media know....

oh lol carolina..ive set up i dont know how many meets and ive never been in such a mess before...the letters went that big all by themselves and the heading isnt central as i set it out...will just go and have a nervous breakdown and then see if i can tidy it up a bit...be great to meet you if you can make it..

lyn

How much did you have there today then Lyn?
How is access there for wheelchairs?

mike i havent even had a wine gum lol...there are two doors so access for wheelchairs are ok...

oh i do hope so dave...just tidied the first post now...well to be honest i didnt my son did lol...

Lyn are you in league with my son? He boogers off on his hol's the dates of my Birthday and anniversary and you arrange a meet when we will not be around. 'Tis a conspiracy so it is:uncomfortableness:

Ooh yes please Lyn, for me,mom and dad, we will be back from hols then and haven't been to this pub before!I there parking near to it, think the walk from the bus will be too much for dad?
Maybe it was the lack of wine gums causing the problems for you lol
Sue

Lynn I will have to come as it would be nice to put faces to names. Its just doing it once and meeting people and then after that its okay. So I will definitely try and come and perhaps bring my neighbour with me who is also very interested.

Carolina, it would be lovely to meet you and as you say put a face to the name, once you have been , it's addictive, everyone is so friendly and it's so well organised of course, by Lyn and the rest of the team!!
Lyn, if you want raffle prizes, put us own for a bottle of some sort - and ticket folding lol!
Sue

oh bernie thats shame...this is the trouble this time of year when folk may be on their hols or doing something else..hope you and linda can make the next one though...

thats great sue...i had forgotten you had all not been to the jewellers before...there is a small car park next to the pub..holds about 5 or 6 cars but just accross the road is plenty of parking meters...(not the very expensive ones..think they are 50p an hour)..

carolina you are most welcome to bring anyone you want..always a bit daunting the first meet up but i will look out for you and introduce you everyone. and some of us will be wearing forum badges so just grab one of us lol...like you say after you have been once the rest is easy...really looking forward to meeting you.:encouragement:.

Put me down Lyn. (Not literally of course)! :excitement:
I'll press me cut-offs and polish me sandals..........nearer the date.

great charlie..bout time i saw you with a pint pot in your hand...lol:encouragement::encouragement:

nice one david..:encouragement:

sue tell mom and dad i will supply the paddle boats and life jackets...lol...oh thank you for the offer of a raffle prize and the folding of the tickets....think i can find a book to bring..wouldnt be the same without a raffle....

:encouragement:
lyn

noooo Lyn, not dad and a paddle boat - he managed to get us stuck on the boating pond in Exmouth on a paddle boat, the boat man was calling "come in number 2" so it's a standing family joke now!
Sue

Lyn, still coming but may be a little late, have to work but clinic should be done by 12, so will pick mom and dad up and hea straight over, so hope to be there by 1, traffic permitting!!
Sue

bringing to the top...SUMMER MEET UP:encouragement:

HI FOLKS..TIME FOR OUR SUMMER MEET UP..EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME ESPECIALLY OUR NEWBIES OR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET BEEN TO ONE..THE JEWELLERS ARMS IS A LOVELY OLD PUB IN THE JEWELLERY QUARTER..SERVICE IS GOOD AND THE FOOD VERY GOOD AND REASONABLE..ITS A GREAT CHANCE TO PUT FACES TO NAMES ON THE FORUM SO DONT BE SHY YOU WILL BE MADE VERY WELCOME.:encouragement: I PROMISE YOU THAT COME THE MEET WE WILL ALL BE WEARING SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS LOL..

VENUE...THE JEWELLERS ARMS PUB..
23 HOCKLEY ST..HOCKLEY...B18.6BW

DATE..SATURDAY THE 11TH OF AUGUST..

TIME..12:30pm

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

CAROLINA..
MIKEJEE AND MOM..
SISTERSUE..MOM AND DAD..
CHARLIE..
DAVID FOWLER...
ASTONESS..GRAHAM AND JO..
PHIL..
BOBBO..
LYNNE WEBB..
COOKIE 273UK..
VICKI..
POSTIE...AND THE BOSS..
KELLY..
KEY HILL BRIAN..

View attachment 79194

Last edited:
ok jim will do...nice to see a couple of first timers coming..not that we dont like to see the old timers of course..

lol.gif

will do kel and eric...

eric a painting of the jewellers arms for the raffle would be lovely i so admired the last one you did for us....

thanks.gif

Last edited:
hi lyn, save me a seat, i owe you a G and T.....incidentally, the paddington st pics have turned out much better than we thought they would?..great.

bobbo

Back