• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

BHF,s SUMMER MEET UP

not long to go folks.........SUMMER MEET UP:encouragement:

HI FOLKS..TIME FOR OUR SUMMER MEET UP..EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME ESPECIALLY OUR NEWBIES OR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET BEEN TO ONE..THE JEWELLERS ARMS IS A LOVELY OLD PUB IN THE JEWELLERY QUARTER..SERVICE IS GOOD AND THE FOOD VERY GOOD AND REASONABLE..ITS A GREAT CHANCE TO PUT FACES TO NAMES ON THE FORUM SO DONT BE SHY YOU WILL BE MADE VERY WELCOME.:encouragement: I PROMISE YOU THAT COME THE MEET WE WILL ALL BE WEARING SHORTS AND FLIP FLOPS LOL..

VENUE...THE JEWELLERS ARMS PUB..
23 HOCKLEY ST..HOCKLEY...B18.6BW

DATE..SATURDAY THE 11TH OF AUGUST..

TIME..12:30pm

WE WILL ALSO BE HOLDING A RAFFLE SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO DONATE A PRIZE IT WOULD BE MOST WELCOME...:encouragement:
proceeds of the raffle will be donated to our forum funds....

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND..

CAROLINA..
MIKEJEE AND MOM..
SISTERSUE..MOM AND DAD..
CHARLIE..AND COUSIN..
DAVID FOWLER...
ASTONESS..GRAHAM..JO AND DAVID..
PHIL..
BOBBO..
LYNNE WEBB..
VICKI..
KEY HILL BRIAN...
KELLY..
COOKIE273UK..
POSTIE AND THE BOSS..
NORTHFIELD...
SHORTIE..AND PAUL...
MAYFIELD...
LESLAM..
KATIE....AND HUSBAND..

[/QUOTE]

Looks as though the weather will be good Lyn. Might have to wear me shorts and frighten the horses!
Nah...p'raps not.

Last edited:
Sorry I/we can't make it this time, Lyn. Currently at the seaside - where's it's SUNNY!!!

Hope it goes as well as ever.

Chris

Looks as thought the weather will be good Lyn. Might have to wear me shorts and frighten the horses!
Nah...p'raps not.

charlie read what i promised you all on post 1 4 weeks back...shorts and flippy floppys...phew thank god i was right..i have me shorts to hand but the idea is to draw members in not scare the pants off them..

lol.gif

Well just for the record, I shall be wearing proper clothing, no shorts for me - not a pretty sight!!!!!! LOL

Yes Lyn, looking forward to it. I had an amazing Monday afternoon, must tell you about it. Only just come down to earth and all to do with family history, not the lottery!

bringing to the top.......summer meet up:encouragement:

hi folks..time for our summer meet up..everyone is most welcome especially our newbies or those who have not yet been to one..the jewellers arms is a lovely old pub in the jewellery quarter..service is good and the food very good and reasonable..its a great chance to put faces to names on the forum so dont be shy you will be made very welcome.:encouragement: I promise you that come the meet we will all be wearing shorts and flip flops lol..

venue...the jewellers arms pub..
23 hockley st..hockley...b18.6bw

date..saturday the 11th of august..

time..12:30pm

we will also be holding a raffle so if anyone would like to donate a prize it would be most welcome...:encouragement:
proceeds of the raffle will be donated to our forum funds....

members hoping to attend..

carolina..and janet..
Mikejee and mom..
Sistersue..mom and dad..
Charlie..and cousin..
David fowler...
Astoness..graham..jo and david..
Phil..
Bobbo..
Lynne webb..
Vicki..
Key hill brian...
Kelly..
Cookie273uk..
Postie and the boss..
Northfield...
Shortie..and paul...
Mayfield...
Leslam..
Katie....and husband..
irene floyd...

[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:
just to say thanks to mikejee for a donation to the raffle..book by carl chinn..homes for people

cheers mike

and dont forget folks you dont have to have your name down on the list just turn up on speck if you fancy a couple of hours out..

lyn

thats great carolina the more the merrier...looking forward to meeting another hockley lass...:encouragement::encouragement:

lyn

Hello Lyn,

I really was hoping to say I could join you all tomorrow - but it`s not to be.

I have a raffle prize, the book `Birmingham - The Sinister Side`, so will keep it for the next time.

Best wishes to all - Annie.

Haven`t quite plucked up the courage to post or reply, but still enjoy browsing the site.

hi annie im so sorry you cant make it tomorrow but really hope you make the next one..i have heard about that book..its said to be a good read..annie you dont need courage to post on the forum..you have just done it..we all had to start somewhere trouble with me was once i started i didnt know how to stop lol.. so i will look forward to reading your posts:encouragement: ...look out for the photos of the meet im sure there will be one or two posted..

lyn x

Looking forward to tomorrow Lyn, but have packed my brolly just in case lol!!!!!!! Coming via friends , but hoping to be there around 12.30.
Annie, once you start posting, it's addictive, but I agree the first steps are hard, I wondered if anyone would reply to my thread and if it was in the right place and so on, but everyone is great, I had lots of replies and help and the first meet we went to was brilliant, everyone so friendly and welcoming, hope you get posting and come to the next one.
Sue

Hi Lynn, many thanks for today's get together, it was my first and it wont be my last. It was good to meet friendly Birmingham people and thank you for letting me win the first raffle prize. :adoration: Carol

Oh Carol I am jealous!!! I was due to go but I hurt my knee (just walking to my daughter's house) and I cannot weight-bear. As a consequence I am a tad cross as you can imagine. Nice for you to win a prize on your first meet, how lucky is that?

Hopefully next time I will be in better shape..............

Looks like a great success well done once again Lyn. Sorry couldn't be there hopefully will make it for the next one

Lovely to meet you all today at the Jewellers Arms, well done Lyn, look forward to the next one.
Katie

what a great afternoon..and so good to see so many first timers..hope you all enjoyed yourselves..even the locals bought raffle tickets and we raised a total of £140 for our forum funds so thank you to all who bought tickets and to everyone that donated the prizes..thats should help keep us going for a while:encouragement:...just uploaded the pics i took so will post them asap..oh i nearly forgot to say that at long last lynne webb won a prize..wouldnt mind but it was the lovely cake dontated by sister sue and i wanted that lol..cant remember now if it was sue who baked it or her mom..

thanks again and heres to the next one..

:encouragement::encouragement: lyn

Last edited:
hi chocks it was just great and the weather was kind to us..i was delighted to see that mikejee and his mom kay could make it again travelling by train from reading..hope you dont mind me saying this mike but you are a credit to your mom she is a wonderful lady who will i believe be 98 next month..

lyn

Had a great afternoon, lovely to meet old and new members, I won a cake made by Sues mom in the raffle, we've eaten half of it, delicious, another success Lyn, well done.
Lynne.

Had a lovely afternoon and enjoyed chat's with several people i find it really interesting look forward to the next meet up.Irene (The Floyd Girl's)

Back