• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. kat

Church Road, Yardley.

Hi Dave, Thanks for your replies. This is the photo of either Williams wife or possibly his mother outside her home in Church Road. Miriam (Horsley) William's wife died in1940 so I guess there would not be any members who may know of her. Interesting that Len was your friend, I should have...
  2. kat

Church Road, Yardley.

Hi Dave, It's nice that you remember him (never mind the spelling) My Grandfather came to live with my parents in 1958 at our home in Sheldon. I was quite young but remember him well. He sadly passed away Christmas Eve 1959. The stock from the shop stored in my Dad's large shed. In 2009 Lencops...
  3. kat

Church Road, Yardley.

Interesting to read this about my Grandfather William Linforth Cycle Maker, trying to insert a grainy photo of him for you to see, Kat'
  4. kat

Lexmark all in one series 5200 printer

Hi Patty, Wonder when you last had the printer working? You could try this solution; How to check the All-In-One status;Check the All-In-One status to make sure your document is not being held or paused and that the All-In-One is set as the default printer. To check the status: For (Windows...
  5. kat

Family Tree 2011 has no internet connection for information

This one's interesting, I also have FTM 2011 software installed on PC, but when searching using this programme installed on the PC you do not get 'the little green leaves' - just a list of names to choose from. Only when you use Ancestry online do you get the green leaves. Good luck Sue with...
  6. kat

bomb sites in WWW2

Thanks Shirley, always good to get some feedback, Kat
  7. kat

windows 7 home

Have installed IE9 on a Windows 7 & Vista Home premium OS with no problems at all. Funny though I tried twice to install Windows 7 sp1 and each time it failed, finally after disabling Windows Firewall it installed - obviously doesn't recognize one of it's own!! IE8 v IE9 - at present prefer...
  8. kat

Wrong Information

Hi, As with all Ancestry tree's online you do have a choice of it being a public or private tree where individuals have to contact you for info. Just go into settings and change.
  9. kat

bomb sites in WWW2

Hi Sue, See this link, Kat https://www.swanshurst.org/barra/record.asp?recordid=3947
  10. kat

General Service Medals

Sorry Shortie, this is the website - tells what the medals are made from, Kat https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=gsm+medal&fulltext=1
  11. kat

General Service Medals

Hi Shortie, I'm sure you are going to get the answer from one of BHF members pretty quick, but thought this website may help, Kat https://www.ww2awards.com/system.asp?id=2
  12. kat

Yardley Village

G'day to you Dennis, That would be great if that's possible. Last year I was in Church Road but at that time I didn't know of the 'connection' to Church Terrace. I was looking at my Grandfathers shop (bicycle) and a house he lived in at 218 Church Road. His wife lived at 2 Chuch Terrace when...
  13. kat

Yardley Village

Dennis, Great pic's thanks. I can't quite work out where the second two pic's were taken from (the angle) Any ideas which cottage was No 2, Kat
  14. kat

Yardley Village

Dennis, Thanks for the pic's, this is one I have of Church Terrace, Kat
  15. kat

Yardley Village

Hi Fairney View, Snap at last! - great. Joseph b1878 was my Grand Uncle, brother of Miriam - my Grandmother. Contact me by email?? Kat
  16. kat

Sheldon Bombing

Hi Ian, I'm sure this site has probably been mentioned before, but it may have some info, Kat https://www.swanshurst.org/barra/search.asp?field=injurylocation
  17. kat

Yardley Village

Oh ok Terry, my grandmother was born there in 1891,Kat
  18. kat

Yardley Village

Terry, I too had relatives in Church Terrace, number unknown, family name Horsley - any connection, Kat
  19. kat

Tell me.

Stitcher, that should read faststone image viewer, suits 32 & 64 bit systems, they also mention windows 7, Kat
  20. kat

Tell me.

I found Fastone image viewer a good free programme,Kat
Back