• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Family Tree 2011 has no internet connection for information

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
I am running Family Tree 2011 on windows 7

Just last night when I click on one of the little green leaves in the family tree screen which gives me acces to Ancestry, I find I am no longer able to get/open results in this screen, just a blank page.

My Ancestry is up to date, I have checked Help and made sure that it has a tick to check for updates automaticaly.

My internet connection is good.

Where has it gone ?
How can I switch it back on please, am I missing something?

Derek

Derek, it may be the Ancestry site that is the problem, I was doing some more research last night and the leaves worked fine until about 10.30, then they wouldn't give any info, just blank screen.
Have e-mailed them and they said they weren't aware of a specific problem, but had had a couple of calls yesterday evening with the same issue.
Have tried again tonight and have the same issues again, so have e-mailed them -again - will let you know if they come up with a solution.
Sue

Thanks Sue

I am sure you are right, mine went off in the evening without warning then came on again today, but it is a worry.

Will keep a check on it,

Derek

This one's interesting, I also have FTM 2011 software installed on PC, but when searching using this programme installed on the PC you do not get 'the little green leaves' - just a list of names to choose from. Only when you use Ancestry online do you get the green leaves.
Good luck Sue with your email to Ancestry, 6 weeks now and no reply to my email about a problem, just an email to say they would look into it and get back to me, still waiting after my 3rd email !

Back