• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

great hampton row

sorry it was no 76.
  2. M

great hampton row

Does anyone have a map detailing no 70 in 1934 belive my relation charles richard lawrence reside here
  3. M

LAWRENCE Beatrice Maud - Birth

Any info on beatrice maud lawrence born august 1901/02.Father charles richard lawrence any info on mothers surname and any other siblings
  4. M

kirby

There was a kirby family in little king street hockley.Only know the siblings David and Derek twins and an elder brother John all went to Harry Lucas Schhol leaving in the 60,s
  5. M

Defford road..

The magqire family lived in the back of the boarded up shop with the pram outside
  6. M

Burbury Street

Do you know anything of lyn jones havent seen her since we left school in 1966
  7. M

Hermits and hermits caves

I went to blessed john wall in the early 60,s .I remember this cave was a strugle to get in and out .Also the rope swing across the stream
  8. M

Burbury Street

larry adams shop with the park drive sign outside
  9. M

Burbury Street

My first ever barbers .My mom used to drop us of there and tell the barber short back and sides.Doesnt matter what he wants.The doctors surgery on the other end .had great fun in there when it was closed down not long after this picture .Had a classmate lyn jones who lived about four or five...
  10. M

Harry lucas school

Smashing photo .Was in the same class as john wade .He played for higher years as well as ours .Heard he passed away a couple of years ago
  11. M

Here's another wheres this ?

Definetley the nelson pub from nelson street not he sandpits which is on the left
  12. M

Little king st hockley

Thanks for the photo .On the top floor the boys brigade had their club room .Two snooker tables and table tennis .On the middle floor there was two more snooker tables that were used by the old boys of the company and a stage were they had shows etc .Bottom floor was bible class room and...
  13. M

Barford Road Club Winson Green

Is this club still going etc .Used to go there with granddad and uncle in the 50s and 60s .Went on many of the trips to the seaside and pantomines etc .Is anyone a member etc .Would you know if they would have records of members from the past and any old photos .I have a couple of my grandad...
  14. M

The sandpits area

My nan owned a chip shop before the war at 145 .This picture was taken in 1950 the year i was born .She moved in with us in 1965 so about that time they were knocked down etc.This is where the brittanic warehouse is now
  15. M

The sandpits area

145 the sanpits third from right on the corner the nelson pub
  16. M

Burbury Street

Hi Lyn .Good picture of burbury park .Thats were my school blazer went spud
  17. M

Burbury Street

I Remember all the teds as they were .Showing off on the swings going over the bar .Tryed it but chickened out .Seriously great times were had at burbury street park .I remember using my new Blessed John Wall Blazer as a goal post.Only to find when we had won the world cup etc .Someone had...
  18. M

Burbury Street

Hardly any football played in the dinner time .It was the fights we went for Harry Lucas v Gower Street and the Girls v Lozells girls .Them where the days .I thought there was grass round the edge by the fences etc. I remember three gates .The parkies shed where we used to climb on the roof etc...
  19. M

Villa Park 1957

Jimmy Dugdale,Peter Mcparland and mascot i think andrew pugh
Back