• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Here's another wheres this ?

Mike Shakespeare

knowlegable brummie
I think I know where this pub is - my Grandmother (Lily Larvin is on this one) again possibly late 30's - early 40's.

unable to replace personal photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

I don't know much about the pubs in that area, but The Nelson Inn was on the corner of The Sandpits and Nelson Rd. Your photo didn't look much like a corner location to me.

I will attach a copy of a photo of the Ryland that I have, take a look and see what you think.

I assumed that because your other photo of a lads day out was from or ended at Ryland St, the ladies might have been the same.

Phil

LadywoodRylandStRylandArms.jpg

mike

I would agree with that, never having seen the Nelson, or more correctly never having noticed the Neson. It was just with your location of the previous photo, I assumed that it might be the Ryland after noting the similarities.

Phil

Back