• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Stour St Ladywood

As I have had a few days to myself recently I decided to go through some old documents relating to my deceased father. One of these is a form indicating he was transferred to the Army Reserve in 1946. This gives his address as Park Place, Stour St, Ladywood, Birmingham. Anyone have an idea...
  2. S

Henley in Arden WW1 Hospital

Just saw a news item on BBC1 concerning the WW1 Hospital in Henley in Arden. Does anyone know where it is located please? thanks
  3. S

Stan Crowther

I read earlier this week that Stan Crowther has passed away. He was a member of the Aston Villa team that last won the FA cup in 1957. The next season, he was signed by Manchester United and played for them in the FA cup even though he had a played in the competition for Villa. This was due to...
  4. S

Britain's Great War

I have just watched first episode of the excellent BBC series Britain's Great War. Amazing film footage. Anyone know where these came from? Looking forward to next three.
  5. S

Google Chrome Scrollbar problem

We have had a problem with the small arrows using the Vertical Scrollbars in Google Chrome. It is annoying trying to move down screens. I have found a solution but I am concerned it might be just on our Laptops. Is anybody else having this problem? It is only on Google Chrome.
  6. S

World War 1 family query

Can anyone help please? I posted a request for advice on looking up information on my family and a member of this forum not only offered advice but actually spent time finding out details for which I am very grateful. However, this has raised several interesting queries, the biggest being...
  7. S

Pluto

Can anyone help please? My father was from Sandpits - Birmingham and was born in 1920. I believe he was in the Royal Engineers after being called up in 1939 and I believe demobbed after 1945 and I know he worked on PLUTO on the Isle of Wight. Does anyone have information especially a map of...
Back