• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Google Chrome Scrollbar problem

sheldontony

master brummie
We have had a problem with the small arrows using the Vertical Scrollbars in Google Chrome. It is annoying trying to move down screens.
I have found a solution but I am concerned it might be just on our Laptops.
Is anybody else having this problem? It is only on Google Chrome.

Yes, true. the keyboard arrows can be used but I don't use an external mouse and find it easier to use the arrows on the scrollbar. They have always been an integral part of Chrome.

Have you tried Opera it still has the scroll arrows and is quite a good browser.

It's interesting how we all use our 'puters in different ways. I generally use a wireless mouse with my laptop, I like the scroll wheel and accurate pointing, however I'm typing this without a keyboard, or mouse, and scrolling with my fingers.

It is interesting using the audio feature of an iPad maybe this is how it will be done in the future Key boards and mice could become redundant

Posted from my iPad using speech only with Birmingham accent no punctuation

I worked for Solihull College for a time, teaching MS Office, word excel and access to City and Guild level. It was interesting to see how people developed their own computer habits. I get annoyed when people use wrong applications, e.g. using excel to write letters.

I worked for Solihull College for a time, teaching MS Office, word excel and access to City and Guild level. It was interesting to see how people developed their own computer habits. I get annoyed when people use wrong applications, e.g. using excel to write letters.

That`s a tad intolerant old chap. There are dickheads like me out there who barely know how to switch a computer on, never mind finding the right application to write a letter.

Sorry, Smudger, I always have enjoyed helping people with Computers and I take the view we werent born with those skills so more than happy to pass on any knowledge ( not a lot) I have picked up.

Sorry, Smudger, I always have enjoyed helping people with Computers and I take the view we werent born with those skills so more than happy to pass on any knowledge ( not a lot) I have picked up.

No problem Tony, it`s just that we all have different skill levels. I really enjoy reading Astonian`s posts, even if he doesn`t know what a comma or full stop is. (sorry Astonian) He`s typing that fast he hasn`t got time to slow down for for comma`s or full stops, & i mean that in the nicest possible way.

Thats a very true statement. I came across people in IT during my career that knew lots more than me but had difficulty sharing it. They seemed to want to keep it to them selves.

I rely a lot on books to gain PC info, my latest being 'Windows 7 for Dummies' plus the built in 'Lets Get Started' but you cannot beat personal tuition especially when you are the wrong side of 80 ! Eric

Eric you are an inspiration to all and I totally agree with what you say.

Thats a very true statement. I came across people in IT during my career that knew lots more than me but had difficulty sharing it. They seemed to want to keep it to them selves.
From the other side of this - I had years of people that would come to me for advice on computers and, no matter how simple I could make the answer, would claim not to understand. I would start demonstrating on a computer and they would disappear and expect me to do whatever it is they wanted done.

Back