• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. 33bus

1964film of the BULL RING ETC

A friend posted this film to me this morning,it may have been posted before ,but just incase it hasent ,I hope you enjoy,Tom Old video of brum Enjoy https://youtu.be/IFGLNvBMmBo
  2. 33bus

time flies on my computer

having upgrades from window8 to windows 9(im begining to regret)on my Dell Inspiron-530 Vista firstly having trouble with IExplorer I switch to Firefox and the problem went away.now when I try to connect first thing I cannot get into my c/puter because my security is out of date after several...
  3. 33bus

calonne communial cemetery

I found my lost Uncle at rest amongst his fallen comrades at Calonne Cemetery .he wasnt connected to my family for long ,he married an aunt in 1937and he died on the 21-5-1940 very few if any of my generations know of him ,but they will now cheers Tom...
  4. 33bus

in defence of Dunkirk

I found this awful item whilst searching for my Uncle James Henry Green who died on the 21/501940 he was in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment 8 th Btn who were beining used as part of a defncive block to the advancing German forces there by buying time so that more troops could be saved at Dunkirk...
  5. 33bus

a Routemaster ?? article in the London Eveninig Standard

Design classic: the “Macedonia City Buses” are being built in China and come into service in Skopje next month. London will have to wait until January 2012 for its own modern version of the Routemaster Spirit of the
  6. 33bus

catalyst control centre driver problems

my catalyst control centre is not supported by the driver version of your enabled Graphic Adapter please update yourATI Graphics Driver useing Displays Manager . Is this a problem for someone who doesnt uderstands c/puters??cheers Tom
  7. 33bus

Phrase meaning: Back of Rackhams

at the risk of a red card .. My mother used to say "I LL HAVE TO GO THE BACK OF RACKHAMS"NEARLY ALWAYS ON A THURSDAY WHEN SHE WAS SHORT OF HOUSE KEEPING .AND MY SISTER (6YRS OLODER ) EXCLAIMING MOM!!! AND ALWAYS NODDED HER HEAD MY WAY ,I was in my teens before I realised what she was implying...
  8. 33bus

trouble with Ancestry

Since last Friday I have been having trouble with Ancestry.I can sign in ,and enter search details ok but when I click the enter buttons the page struggles to open ,or the possible matches open then when I click on a name , it struggles to open ,then it takes me to the Register page .I apreciate...
  9. 33bus

Classic Vehicles

I found this site today with enough pictures of all modes of transport down the years to spark quite a few memories . I hope it hasnt been posted before cheers Tom:) www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/antiquecarphotos.htm https://www.classic-wheels.co.uk/classicphotosmain.htm
  10. 33bus

Pathe Gazette news rels of birmingham

Pathe Gazette news reels of birmingham I found these film clips of life in Birmingham amongst a collection of 90,000 news films by Pathe Gazette there is one on a 40 ton stamping in Wenesbury also 2school trips with some clear shots of birmingham children who could be fathers and g/fathers ,I...
  11. 33bus

Service Films Released By Pathe Gazette Ww2

I found these Jems on an Army site which I use I hope you find them as interesting as I did cheers Tomhttps://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=47056 https://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=47056
  12. 33bus

trow shingler

On a marriage cert that I have it shows the trade as a trow shingler Ive looked up shingler and found .. roof tiler using wooden tiles but nothing for TROW . the letter T is slightly different from other Ts on the certificate any help would be appreciated cheers Tom
  13. 33bus

New National Fraud Authority

A new National Fraud Authority is being launched assembling all 15 different offices for dealing with Fraud under one roof .ie Trading Standards, Office of fair trading ,etc,etc for reporting and receiving advice the phone number is 0300 123 2040 The full article is in The daily Mirror under...
  14. 33bus

Afghan series called road warriers on jan 14th on itv 1 or 2

I'm a member of an ARMY forum and the shortend version is from someone who knows about the programmes an ITV camera crew has been travelling with the the SOLDIERS who ferry the ammunition's to the front line the series uncovers the gritty reality the heroic Road Warriors who ferry their...
  15. 33bus

ancestry family tree maker 2010platinum

I have just purchased the above from P,Cworld at Stevevenage Hertfordshire mark-up price is £58:99which includes 6 months-membership for ancestry .com I couldn't believe my luck at the till because they were selling it at £29:99 .Ive contacted Ancestry and extended my membership by the free...
  16. 33bus

dehavilland museum Hertfordshire

This is a local museum that houses some of the aircraft built at Dehavillands Hatfield I hope some of the members that have an interest in aircraft find it useful cheers tom https://www.dehavillandmuseum.co.uk/GroupVisits.html please relocate if the section is incorrect Tom
  17. 33bus

d-day landings

Ifound this item on a millitary site of which Im a member I hope they are clear to view cheers Tom https://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2009/06/05/the-65th-anniversary-of-d-day-on-the-normandy-beaches/
  18. 33bus

birmingham peace medal 1914-1919

A relation living in Kingstanding found a medal showing the Birmingham coat of arms and the words The Great War 1914-1919, Birmingham Peace Celebration... on the reverse side is a figure oF a lady with very large wings the letters on the top of the medal are slightly worn and it looks...
  19. 33bus

shelswell

Mary Jane Shelswell born 1894 died 1979 birmingham married dec 1916 to Samuel J Robinson Birmingham help please for where she was born Tom
  20. 33bus

obtaining certificates online

online application for birth,marriage,death certificates online has been suspended till further notice you can still get certificates from GRO Tom
Back