• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Tomo

The Star cinema

Hi Vintage. The cinema that your thinking of next to the "Swan Pub", was called the "Picture House" as you say a real "Flea pit". There was no upstairs balcony, just a single story building.
  2. Tomo

Castle Bromwich Hall

It's great to see those pictures of the hall again, It must be over 50 years since I last saw the old place. Needsless to say it I recognised it without any problems. Tomo
  3. Tomo

Erdington Streets

The stream then ran along side of the allotments and then under the canel. I believe it then ran into a storm water drain beneath Kingsbury Road.
  4. Tomo

Erdington Streets

The 79 tram stopped at the Norton, Pype Hayes Rd, Marshbrook and the terminus outbound. Egerton Rd, Tyburn Rd, at the "Forget Me Not Ex-serviceman’s Club". and then by the Bank opposite the Norton Pub. Dr Pilgrims Surgery was on the corner of Chester Rd and Tyburn Rd. Sorry about the late...
  5. Tomo

Thomason for Tomo

Hi Pom, the spelling mistake was my boo, boo. So you will have to forgive me, it's something that must be in the genes. ;) I will try and sort out grt grt Grandmothers line at a later date. At least I have the folio numbers to go by. John
  6. Tomo

Thomason for Tomo

Thanks again for your help Pom. We are looking into joining a Genealogy Society in a few weeks time. But first a short stay in hospital is on the cards. Then it will be full steam ahead. I think I have learned a big lesson concerning name spelling and will be ready for it in my future searches...
  7. Tomo

Thomason for Tomo

Hi Pom, this is the same Edward as the one on message-2. I have a certified copy of William's entry of birth. Showing mother as Matilda Thomason late Underwood formally Brierly. Whether they where truly married, I have no idea. They seemed to tell a lot of porkies in those days, Grin! BTW my...
  8. Tomo

Thomason for Tomo

Thankyou Pom, It looks like my children are going to get a little knowledge of their family background after all. I should have asked more questions years ago. I have an 85 year old sister still in B'ham but like me, she didn't ask about family either. Thankyou once again for helping me Pom. John
  9. Tomo

Thomason for Tomo

Would any Thomason that thinks that they maybe associated with the above family, please drop me a line. Tomo
  10. Tomo

SADLER FAMILY - ASTON

Hi Patsy, My great grandmother was named Alice (I think) and was married to Guy Taroni. I knew that had two wives but am not sure of their names. Would you be able to tell me the names of the chidren belonging either marriage. My grandfathers name was John, b abt 1876 I know very little about my...
Back