• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Dual Tablet Help

Teclast Tpad x98 plus I am using this at the moment giving my trusted laptop a rest BUT When logging in it used to give me the option of Windows or Android but now it goes straight into Windows, what can I do to get back the choice of either on my screen at log in. Thanks Derek
  2. S

The Cursed Error Code Oxc0000022

Can you please tell me in pain terms how to get it off my screen , it is happening in explorer and I cannot get any further with it. I know I have moved it before but cannot find any notes on it. Thanks to you all once again Sparkhill lad
  3. S

Burials at St Bart's

This link is for an enquiry about St Bart's burials. died 10/3 or 16/03 1857 John Winkle Fellows age 74 He lived in Cox Street at the time and his wife was Ann can anyone confirm the date of death / burial for me I do hope this is ok to post just here I did a search on St Bart's and came up...
  4. S

St Martins burial look up plesae

Charles Fellows bn 12 May 1815 Died 1816 not sure if this is too early any info would help Many Thanks Derek
  5. S

Windows 10 pop ups removal

Morning all I am having trouble on my wife's laptop since installing Win 10 (maybe nothing to do with that part of it though ) Once she opens Ebay, it seems, a banner runs across the top of the screen advertising items for sale on Argos etc. It is very off putting, not needed, please help us to...
  6. S

marriage look up please

1881 Edward Brown to Emily Fellows ASTON Vol 6d page 602 Dec Qtr hope this will be St. Martins church fathers details if possible . Thanks Derek
  7. S

Windows Live Mail

mail downloads but cannot open to read. Have checked on Google for answer and according to them it is simple. I followed the steps through but no result. I also have BT internet and with it is a mail program which is a fiddle to get into and am thinking this could be a problem and may have to...
  8. S

Royal Oak Hockley Heath

I came across this lovely plate and would like to know a little more about it if possible. Looks to me like an old pub that sat back off the main road in Rubery, going down towards Longbridge, but I could be wrong. Looks just like an actual painting and not a transfer. Could it have been a gift...
  9. S

w. Russell picture framer 412 Stratford Road Birmingham

I have just been given a framed picture/print of a seascape. On the reverse is the above address, can any body help with dates etc that this company worked from this address. Loks to be about 1950's. Regards Derek
  10. S

Help to cancel old provider sending emails to me

Morning all Last July I changed my provider from Talktalk to BT Still get loads of emails every day from people (using talktalk address) I have not met or given my email address to. Have looked on Google for solution but to no avail. Would love to delete old provider details somehow, and the...
  11. S

Family Tree 2011 has no internet connection for information

I am running Family Tree 2011 on windows 7 Just last night when I click on one of the little green leaves in the family tree screen which gives me acces to Ancestry, I find I am no longer able to get/open results in this screen, just a blank page. My Ancestry is up to date, I have checked...
  12. S

Help with sea co-ordinates

Can any body help with this. Lucky me I found a friends ancestor onboard ship in the 1911 census, It gives the ship as EDGAR , trooping service and their position at sea at this time was: LAT 5.51 North LONGDITUDE 84.55 East Where on the sea were they, can you help Derek
  13. S

William Pinks Fellows

Christening 02/02/1784 For some years now I have been aware of an unusual middle name in some early family members of "Winkle", this has taken ages to sort out but at last it is done. The trouble being as every one knows names are repaeted, I Digress I have been aware also of 2 other unusual...
  14. S

Boar War & WW1 records look up

Not sure if you can only look for Midland units. I am looking for 2nd Queens regiment, Surrey. Pte George William COLLINS, popular name to search I know sorry, Army No's Pte L9211, Cpl 13208, Cpl 607730 all with 2nd Queens. This my wife's Grandfather and we have been looking for years !!! bn...
  15. S

Birth /death look up please

Thomas Vickers Fellows 1781-1784 Hoping it me be registered at St Martins as his parents were married there 14/11/1780 (Peter Fellows to Ann Boden) Any information on Thomas much appreciated. Derek
  16. S

help to find drivers for my scanner please.

I have a Hewlett Packard Scanjet 4850 scanner.:) Problem: I am now running Windows 7 which does not run with this scanner.:( I have searched the HP Site and cannot find an answer, except to say that earlier in the year there was a post on their site to say drivers STILL not available for this...
  17. S

Abraham Hince & family

Would like to know where they are in 1868 and hpe that Abraham snr may be with his son.;) Wedding cert 09/09/1850 St Peter & St Paul Aston, it states Abraham jnr was living in Dertiend. Thanks as always Derek
  18. S

How to transfer favourites from old to new computer

Just hoping there is an easy way.;) Regards Derek
  19. S

Railway Accident

Hi everyone Cannot find any info on an incident which I feel must have been reported, can anyone help me locate this if it is there then I can navigate further. LOOKING FOR A railway accident in which a man was decapitated when looking out of a window while the train was in motion.:boohoo...
  20. S

Hince Norman William sutton coldfield area if possible please

Norman William Hince bn 1911 and his wife Ethel and Winfred Maud Lucas (nee Hince) bn 1913 and hubby Arthur J Lucas Both couples it is believed, lived in and around sutton coldfield, an area which is inknown to me, not sure if anyone can help in this area. Thanks Derek The only...
Back