• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William Pinks Fellows

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
Christening 02/02/1784

For some years now I have been aware of an unusual middle name in some early family members of "Winkle", this has taken ages to sort out but at last it is done. The trouble being as every one knows names are repaeted, I Digress

I have been aware also of 2 other unusual middle names of "willets" & "Pinks" of all things.
So I have printed off quite a bit from Family search now as my tree is running tepid at the moment and started a new tree for these names to see if I can connect to them down the line.
Most of the baptisms have taken place at St Phillips but have just found the above at St Martins and hope if it is possible it will place people in the correct order.

Here are some of the names I am looking at
William Pinks Fellows c 1784
his father
William Willets c1813

Also ( from a....try ) marriage banns for William Pinks Fellows 1845 in Middlesex where he has father of the same name.
The lady he married, Mary Ann Harris is from Middx but they came back to settle in good old Brum.
Also to note is that Groom and his father were brass caters which is a trade that runs through my tree...as I am sure it does for many.
Hope I have not gone on too long.
Regards to you all.

Derek

Last edited:
Back